Complaint Review: Welcome Wagon

• Submitted: Wed, December 19, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, December 19, 2012

• Reported By: Christina — Exeter New Hampshire United States of America
Welcome Wagon
5830 Coral Ridge Drive, Ste. 240, Coral Springs, F Coral Springs, Florida United States of America

Welcome Wagon Buyer beware. Deceptive practices. Kept billing me after 6 month contract expired. Automatically renews. They don't even call to see if you want to keep advertising or change the ad. they just kee Coral Springs, Florida

I spent considerable time with the rep going over the ad and the contract, finally agreeing to give them a try for 6 months because the new owner was trying to build the business.
After 6 months and absolutely no results from the ad., my credit card was still being billed for the monthly fee.  I called my rep., who did not call back.  The following month I called her cell phone and got her.  She sounded surprised that I was still being billed, and gave me a number to call.
When I called the billing department I was asked in a monotone "do you have your contract", yes I do "turn it over and read the second paragraph" "your contract auto-renewed for 12 months".  I was astounded.  She was obviously used to having this complaint.  When I asked her to cancel it because I did not agree to it, she refused, saying I did agree to it.
As my business requires clients to sign contracts, I am well aware of the NH State Law prohibiting automatic renewals of contracts.  This did not phase her - she advised me "take the contract to your lawyer".

Wow!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/19/2012 01:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Welcome-Wagon/Coral-Springs-Florida-03833/Welcome-Wagon-Buyer-beware-Deceptive-practices-Kept-billing-me-after-6-month-contract-984469. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Welcome Wagon