Complaint Review: Wellness Watchers MD, Wellness MD

• Submitted: Thu, March 19, 2009
  • Updated: Thu, March 19, 2009

• Reported By:Providence Rhode Island
Wellness Watchers MD, Wellness MD
366 Nassau Street Princeton, New Jersey U.S.A.

Wellness Watchers MD, Wellness MD Unauthorized Charges Princeton New Jersey

On my original "free" product order, I was given 7 minutes (a ticking down stopwatch on the website) to complete filling out the form and get my "free" product. In my case I had clicked on an ad for a tooth whitener in my daily email from a popular astrology site (www.Astrocenter.com) and I was directed to www.celebritysexyteeth.com. Other sites they use are www.celebritysexypout.com; www.celebritysexybody.com. The listed registrar (all other info is marked private, restricted or prohibited) for all these sites is:
Domains by Proxy, Inc. - they have about seven and a half million other sites. It looks like they are a great service to hire and hide behind if you don't want customers to be able to find you.

Wellness Watchers MD piggy backs their charges on top of these other "free" product offers. They sign you up automatically when you order them (it is a condition of getting your rebate) - then they promise to send an email telling you what to do to get your rebate (I never got that email until I complained).

If you don't cancel your unwanted and unapproved membership within 14 days - (this condition is explained in the email they are supposed to send but don't) you will be charged an additional $29.95 per month.

So trying to buy a product that was supposed to be free (with rebate) cost me $86.76 on my credit card before I caught it. ($4.99 for shipping and $1.83 for I-don't-know-what)

I called customer service and was told that they would send me forms to fill out in order to get a refund and a rebate which should cover all except $6.82 of the almost unauthorized $90 charge.

The really immoral (and essentially illegal) actions of these people are that often you are buying a product from a completely different company which is either owned by or simply hires Wellness Watchers to do their dirty work - so you can't always watch out for them!

When I finally got through, these are some names that came up: Wayne Darvey is listed as Membership Director. Dr. Kerry Friesen, M.D., is listed as Medical Director. Larry Trivieri, Jr., is listed as Editor-In-Chief.

Scam Victim
Providence, Rhode Island

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/19/2009 10:13 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wellness-Watchers-MD-Wellness-MD/Princeton-New-Jersey-08540/Wellness-Watchers-MD-Wellness-MD-Unauthorized-Charges-Princeton-New-Jersey-435630. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wellness Watchers MD, Wellness MD