Complaint Review: Wells Fargo - American Servicing Company

• Submitted: Tue, August 21, 2007
  • Updated: Fri, November 30, 2007

• Reported By:Houston Texas
Wells Fargo - American Servicing Company
1000 Louisiana Street, 7th Floor Houston, Texas U.S.A.
  • Phone: 877-937-9357
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

Wells Fargo - American Servicing Company Take my house away from me! Ripoff Houston Texas

*Author of original report: SAME STATUS DIFFERENT DAY..

My house was in a fire on Father's Day June 19, 2005; someone broke in and set it on fire. The insurance company paid my claim and was wonderful, but the mortgage company has been a nightmare.

For 5 straight months they would not take the check the insurance had issued to pay for the reconstruction of my house. Once they did accept it; they were trying to foreclose on my property.

I paid the 5 months they were collecting, because the same as the claim check the insurance issued they kept telling me they were not my lender.

After numerous attempts of calling, writing 7 page letters with copies of all supporting documentation, the employees dismissed me numerous times and were extremely rude to the point of after holding for 35 minutes or more to speak to someone, they hanged up the phone.

In March of 2006, my situation became so critical I had to hire an attorney, who charges $400.00 per hour just to keep them from foreclosing on the property.

He got their attention alright, but I've officially been out of my house for the last 2 years and 2 months and I see no light at the end of the tunnel.

Wells Fargo dba American Servicing Company is dragging his feet on my case, so that I will give up on my situation and just let them foreclose on my property.

I've invested 5 years of my time and money to just walk away and if I do, it will not be without a fight. The employees that work there are careless and lack customer service skills.

Please notice I've been a property owner for 5 years out of which 3 I lived there and two, I've been babysitting the house, because I still have to make sure it's secure (if anyone does any criminal acts inside my property - I'm liable).

Even thought I have not lived in the property for 2 yrs & 2 months I still have to cut the grass and make sure the property is secured for no one to enter.

I've had it, I'm ready for the news to come in and expose these clowns! They do not care if you have hardships, crisis scenarios like a fire and I'm still living out of boxes in the apartment I'm staying at, because that's where I was supposed to be on a temporary basis until the rebuilt my house!

Please anyone; help! My children keep asking me when we are going back home, because they miss their house and the only thing I can answer is; I do not know; but I'm fighting as hard as I can to go back home. They answer: Mommy, fight harder!

Any help to move my case along will be greatly appreciate it; I cannot continue to pay attorney fees for a house I can't even live in!

In advance, thank you for support and time!

Houston, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/21/2007 04:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wells-Fargo-American-Servicing-Company/Houston-Texas-77002/Wells-Fargo-American-Servicing-Company-Take-my-house-away-from-me-Ripoff-Houston-Texas-269225. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wells Fargo - American Servicing Company

AUTHOR: Nancy perez - (U.S.A.)

We were supposed to go to trial in November, but the Wells Fargo counsel requested more time; let's see.....

Would that have anything to do with "The Mortgage Crisis" in our country right now????

If the court heard my case and reviewed all of my attempts to get this rectified with Wells Fargo; and the current mortgage situation; well they just want to ride this out a little longer to see if it gets any better!

In the meantime; I've been out of my house for 2 1/2 years and counting!

I will keep you all posted; because I'm finding the internet is a wonderful thing; that will bring "Corporate America" to it's knees, because just like the ocean where big fish eat little fish, big fish can't survive without little fish!

Lesson to be learned = We all need each other!