Complaint Review: Wells Fargo Dealer Services

Wells Fargo Dealer Services is Holding my Title Hostage Santa Ana, California

*Consumer Comment: Or

*Consumer Comment: Or

*Consumer Comment: Simple Explanation

I was late on my final payment.  I called in at the end of March to make a payment and was told the system was down.  I said I just needed the final payoff and I would be able to go online and do a bill pay.  The "customer service" person said that if I did that, my car would go into repo status as the payment was already late, and that I should call back later that day.

I called back later that day, and was told the system was still down, and to call back the next day.  I was told on this call, not to worry about repo as I owed too little for them to actually send someone out.

I called back the next day, and the system wasn't working, so I waited until Monday, called and finally was able to pay the car off.  I was told that I would receive my title in 7-10 days.

4 weeks later, still no title, so I called and was told that I would have to call a different department that wouldn't be open until Monday.  I called that number on Monday, and it went right to a full mailbox and disconnected.  I called Tuesday and the same thing.  I then called the customer service again, and they said there was nothing they could do.  The phones hadn't been working but should be soon, so I just needed to keep trying.

After 2 more calls, the phones were finally up.  After being on hold for over 30 minutes, I am told that I owe $169.  What do you mean, I called and was told the pay off amount?  They had filed with an attorney and didn't get the bill until after I had paid off the car.

So, after all this aggravation, they are holding my title hostage for more money.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/01/2012 10:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wells-Fargo-Dealer-Services/Santa-Ana-California-92799/Wells-Fargo-Dealer-Services-is-Holding-my-Title-Hostage-Santa-Ana-California-876598. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wells Fargo Dealer Services

Or

AUTHOR: MochaG - (United States of America)

Not sure if it is the attorney fee. They said they filed the OP case with an attorney before the OP paid off. So the fee was billed by the attorney even though the attorney didn't do anything further. Could they pass on the fee to the OP? Don't know...

This is one thing I hate about big corporation -- different departments do not cooperate with others. When one department gets a contact or information, other departments do not sync the info but proceed whatever they want to do and when they want to do. Even though it may be legal, this is always the major problem within any big corporation that impacts others who are their customers...

Or

AUTHOR: MochaG - (United States of America)

Simple Explanation

AUTHOR: Jim - (USA)

Could be the extra money was because of extra interest because of late payments, deferred payments and/or late charges.