Complaint Review: Wells Fargo

• Updated: Fri, January 11, 2013

• Reported By: Justin — Frederick Maryland United States of America
Wells Fargo
Address: 8480 Stagecoach Cr Frederick, Maryland United States of America

Wells Fargo Terminated on my third day for getting to my desk ONE minute late Frederick, Maryland

I was assigned as a Customer Service Representative in training at the Frederick office in January.  With over three year's experience this job was a great fit.  Our class moderator said it was a particular pet peave when one leaves their chair during the class, except during scheduled breaks.  Of course, I committed myself to following that guideline to the tee, and I believe I did that as far as humanly possible.

My training began on a Monday and, on that same evening through the course of the night I got sick with a stomach bug.  My wife and three of my four boys came down with the same bug which passed about a day later for each of us.  I was glad to be able and ready to come to the training class on Tuesday morning, although dehydrated and lethargic.   We put my desk in a separate area so I would get anyone else sick. Through the course of the day on Tuesday, I did need to remove myself briefly during the class about three or four times to use the facilities, as I was still sick.  My training was thorough and I didnt miss a beat.

I had an excellent rapport with my supervisor, Lionel, and he met with me on Tuesday to ensure I was aware of the need to stay in my chair.  He understood that I was sick and glad I was feeling much better.  He presented a positive picture and we moved on.

As a new team member, I was obviously still becoming acquainted with the layout of the huge campus and the many parking lots, which the primary reason why, on Wednesday morning, I was ONE minute late in walking into the classroom. I was in the hall and finally walking to the correct classroom at 8:00, but by the time I reached the door it was 8:01 and it had been shut seconds earlier.  Thankfully, it was not locked and the moderator was just beginning the class I missed no information and she did not seem distracted. I took no unscheduled bathroom breaks during the training class on Wednesday.

My supervisor met with me again on Wednesday and we left the meeting with the understanding that I would not be late anymore, which I adhered to. Then, just the opposite result of our meeting took place: I was terminated. I was hired through an employment agency, likely a tactic to try to protect them from litigation as they could simply say that my assignment was suspended and to speak to Manpower. The official reason they had given Manpower was for unscheduled breaks and lateness.

Wells Fargos supervisors did not discuss my being fired AT ALL, they could only repeat again and again that I should call Manpower.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/11/2013 04:30 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wells-Fargo/Frederick-Maryland-21701/Wells-Fargo-Terminated-on-my-third-day-for-getting-to-my-desk-ONE-minute-late-Frederick-994989. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wells Fargo