Complaint Review: Wells Fargo

• Submitted: Sun, August 10, 2008
  • Updated: Sun, August 19, 2012

• Reported By:Davenport Iowa
Wells Fargo
4575 16th St Moline, Illinois U.S.A.
  • Phone: 800-8693557
  • Web:
  • Category: Banks

Wells Fargo They stole my paycheck Moline Illinois

*Consumer Suggestion: DO This instead of stewing about it!

*UPDATE Employee: well..

*Consumer Comment: Try this...

I deposited a check into my account from American General Finance for 3500.04 on 8/6/08. According to my onine banking the funds were to be made available to me 8/8/08. On 8/8/08 the 3500.04 showed up in my account and my direct deposit paycheck of $885. I made a few online bill pays. One for 2000.00 to credit card and 100.00 to another card and 80.00 to student loans and so on.

I logged onto my account 8/9/08 to see if my bill pays had been sent out and my account showed 2200.00 overdrawn. So on 8/8/08 my account showed 4300.00 and now I'm -2200.00. They put a hold on my check after they made the funds available to me. Now I have no money. They went ahead and used part of that money to make my bill pays and turned around and took it back. Even all of my paycheck to cover their mistake.

If they would have put a hold on my check from the beginning I still would have had my paycheck to live on. Now I have nothing. I had to borrow money from my parents to buy gas and food. What if I didn't have them to help me? I don't care that they held my check. I care that they took my paycheck to cover their mistake.

I called them 8/10/08 to complain about what they have done and no one would talk to me. They asked for a password that I apparently set up 3 years ago. If my pin number worked they would accept that, but my debit card it currently shut off for fraud. On 8/8/08 I had fraudulent activity on my account and I was told I would have a temporary credit and I haven't gotten that yet.

It's not like this check is a personal check from someone. It's acheck from a financial institution that has been around a long time. HOW CAN THEY JUST TAKE ALL MY MONEY? It's sunday right now and I won't have any money until Friday. They told me over the phone that any overdraft fees I incur will be credited back to me. I have all the bill pays and a few debit card transactions totally 7 pending orders.

Gee, 35.00 x 7=245.00 in overdraft fees I have to deal with until they give me my check. I should have over a 1000.00 clear sitting in my account right now. I hate Wellsfargo. How are they going to make bill pays out of the money they cleared to me and then take it away for another week and take my paycheck with it?

Lexnefx
Davenport, Iowa

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/10/2008 10:28 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wells-Fargo/Moline-Illinois-61265/Wells-Fargo-They-stole-my-paycheck-Moline-Illinois-361429. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wells Fargo

#1 Consumer Suggestion

DO This instead of stewing about it!

AUTHOR: Anon. - (United States of America)

Yeah, I know, the new law was supposed to stop that crap.  Now checks drawn on the U.S. Government clear in one day, checks on area banks two days, out-of-state seven days, and other up to ten days (and those are banking days).  It was a lot longer, with some banks taking as long as a week to clear checks on local banks.

Wells, Fargo is a bad bank, with bad management, and a big real estate portfolio, and they took TARP bailout money.  If I were you, I would move my account to either a community bank or a credit union.

well..

AUTHOR: Ace - (U.S.A.)

It's hard to say what happened. There is a difference between available balance and total balance. I can't see your account so I can't tell you exactly why the check was put on hold. Either the teller put it on hold when you deposited. Sometimes the back shop will put hold on items. Usually it goes under an uncollected funds hold. Sometimes if you deposit through the ATM and the check is not made out to you the check will be reversed and the check will be mailed back to you. Sometimes if it's not signed they will return the check to you, but usually that's only for state and federal checks.

Try this...

AUTHOR: Ken - (U.S.A.)

Go into your branch and ask to see the manager. Ask the manager if the problem was caused by an 'extended hold'. If it was, tell him that you were never informed of an extended hold. By law, the bank has to notify you in writing if your deposit will not be subject to the normal funds availability policy. If they did not provide you with a written notice, then *politely* point out to them that they will need to back off all the charges and make you whole.