Complaint Review: Wells Fargo

• Updated: Sat, June 28, 2014

• Reported By: FHgolfer — Fountain Hills Arizona
Wells Fargo
Nationwide USA

Wells Fargo Wells Fargo Can Take Your Money Without Your Consent! Phoenix Nationwide

I found out via the normal mail today that Wells Fargo has taken over $8700.00 of money in one of my three accounts without my permission or without any notice or communication.

The Reason:  The account is in my name only with my two daughter as beneficiaries.  They are both listed on the said account in their names, followed by "pod" in capital letters.   To me that means they are only associated with this account if I die and it defaults to my living trust that I use on all my beneficiaries.  They took this money out the same day they received the court appointed garnishment order.

Research:   Every site I have looked at with this question says they are not allowed to do this.   Talked to a friends lawyer and he stated the same thing.   I can't find one location that would allow them to take this money even with a court garnishment order.

Result:  I will be calling their legal department (from whom the letter came from) and seeing how they felt obligated legally to do so.   Then, regardless of the outcome, I will be moving a very large balance in all the accounts out of Wells Fargo.

Question:   Does anyone have a different opinion/proof that I am missing on the legal side ot this?  I want my ducks in a row before I call.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/28/2014 11:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wells-Fargo/nationwide/Wells-Fargo-Wells-Fargo-Can-Take-Your-Money-Without-Your-Consent-Phoenix-Nationwide-1158263. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wells Fargo