Complaint Review: Weltman Plumbing

• Submitted: Wed, January 24, 2001
  • Updated: Wed, January 24, 2001

• Reported By:Tempe Arizona
Weltman Plumbing
Roselle, New Jersey U.S.A.

Weltman Plumbing Preferred Customer BULL !

The first time I was in a bind, was February of 2000. A water pipe had busted in my garage from the freezing weather we had experienced. Weltman came out here to rescue me, but I had to make a decision. Swallow the $99.00 service call fee that they were going to charge me, or pay $100 to have a years worth of being a "preferred customer".

Now a year has gone by and I did get my 'free' home inspection. Naturally, they found a lot of things wrong that they could fix.......for a very huge price tag. I had another emergency with my main water valve breaking in the basement. I was able to turn the water off, but it needed to be shut down from the street. The pressure on this old valve was bad and it could have exploded. I sent in the call for an emergency repair at 8:00 a.m. I was told they would be here by 2:00 p.m. They actually showed up some time around 6:30 that evening.

The problem was resolved, but I was fuming. Today, I just got a call from them telling me that my "preferred customer" status was going to end soon and I needed to shell out another $100 to keep it active. When I thoroughly grilled this individual to EXPLAIN what this "preferred customer" service entitled me to, it was a bum's rush. As I described the latest incident above, I was told that the serviceman was late because there were other customers before me. SO, I asked, if they were also "preferred customers." I was told that anyone who called that was not a preferred customer, gets turned away when they are that busy. So I then restated that indeed these other people before me had to be preferred customers as well.

I just happened to be at the bottom of the "preferred customer" list, even with an emergency situation. I was told that the service man was backed up with unexpected, lenghtly work and could not get to me soon enough.

My reply was that they had more than one person in their fleet. Why not send someone else who was not so busy? After a few moments of silence, I sarcastically suggested that I had to ask for someone else. I was told "Yes," that I had to ASK for that. Well, DUH!!!!So much for being a "preferred customer." So, I am now looking for a new furnace replacement. I am hard pressed to know what they are going to suggest for that. OH, and let's not forget, to charge me up the wazoo for the renewed "preferred customer" contract. BULL!! I wish there was another store in town!!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/24/2001 12:00 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Weltman-Plumbing/Roselle-New-Jersey-07203/Weltman-Plumbing-Preferred-Customer-BULL--4278. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Weltman Plumbing