Complaint Review: Weltman, Weinberg, And Reis Co.

• Submitted: Mon, July 28, 2008
  • Updated: Mon, July 28, 2008

• Reported By:bexley Ohio
Weltman, Weinberg, And Reis Co.
175 S 3rd St, Suite 900 Columbus, Ohio U.S.A.

Weltman, Weinberg, And Reis Co. clear violations of the FDCPA Columbus Ohio

In their attempts to collect a debt, the same collector has:

Threatened suit when asked by me to verify the debt, knowing full well that they had just acquired the debt and have no intention of filing suit so quickly, and...

On two consecutive days, this collector called my home and discussed my personal account with my 17 yr old babysitter!!!

In my FIRST conversation with this person, he threatened garnishment, threatened to file suit, threatened to place leins against my personal property, and advised me to put off paying my utilities in order to pay him. Needless to say, nothing got accomplished!

I have not received any phone calls from this company since logging my complaint, so who knows what the future holds.

bexley, Ohio

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/28/2008 05:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Weltman-Weinberg-And-Reis-Co/Columbus-Ohio-43215/Weltman-Weinberg-And-Reis-Co-clear-violations-of-the-FDCPA-Columbus-Ohio-356689. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Weltman, Weinberg, And Reis Co.