Complaint Review: Weltman Weinberg And Reis

• Submitted: Sat, April 26, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, April 26, 2008

• Reported By:Norristown Pennsylvania
Weltman Weinberg And Reis
325 Cherstnut Street Philadelphia, Pennsylvania U.S.A.
  • Phone: 215-5991500
  • Web:
  • Category: Lawyers

Weltman Weinberg And Reis Suing my mother without proof that debt was put with a Collection Agency Philadelphia Pennsylvania

My mother got 1 credit card from Capital One Bank, used it once and put the card away in a drawer in her bedroom. Someone in my family whom we do not associate with anymore came into the house asking for money from my mother. She stated she had none to give him.

Next thing we know, the card is gone, and two more were open in my mothers name, one in June and one in July of 2005.

We did get a letter from a collection agency stating she owed 5,ooo or so dollars, but somehow lost the letter.

Next thing we know she is getting served civil court papers by the sheriff...BUT the amount was only 1,066.01. I paid that off for my mother because she has ALOT of bills. So, I sent this law firm 2 checks, and the debt was paid off by Feb. of 2008. Next thing we know we are getting a letter stating we never answered and basically "blew off the debt". I immediately called them and told the woman who filed it was indeed paid off. She stated "well I don't read my mail, so how was I suppose to know?" I addressed it TO her at the firm, so I do not even believe that story. Then she proceeds to tell me there are 2 more accounts she is filing, and the one I paid was "THE WRONG ONE" (meaning to her the wrong account number) and she will send me a letter about it being paid off in FULL. This was 2 weeks ago, plus she also told me she would send one suit in the mail and the sheriff would deliver the other one.
So far....NOTHING.

I believe that these ARE with a Collection Agency and she is just trying to make us pay double. I asked her to send proof, everything, and I got nothing. If she does not know what is going on..how are we suppose to?
I stupidly told her to take 200.00 a month for both debts out of my checking account because she promised me PROOF which I did not get. My strong belief is that she is trying to "double dip" on this debt. She was rude and obnoxious on the phone, telling me "well then we will go forward and see you in court".

Norristown, Pennsylvania

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/26/2008 10:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Weltman-Weinberg-And-Reis/Philadelphia-Pennsylvania-19106/Weltman-Weinberg-And-Reis-Suing-my-mother-without-proof-that-debt-was-put-with-a-Collectio-329045. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Weltman Weinberg And Reis