Complaint Review: Weltman, Weinberg, & Reis Co. LPA

• Updated: Mon, September 19, 2011

• Reported By: Gary — Baldwinsville New York United States of America
Weltman, Weinberg, & Reis Co. LPA
323 W. Lakeside Avenue Suite-200 Cleveland, Ohio United States of America

Weltman, Weinberg, & Reis Co. LPA Refusal to dispatch Letter of Collections efforts SATISFACTION Cleveland, Ohio

*Consumer Suggestion: Sears account

my "delinquent" account with SEARS was being negotiated with Sears Collections, then before I knew it the "collections" were turned over to Weltman.Weinberg, & Reis, Co LPA. They called numerous times and this Oriental sounding female refused to "negotiate" on a payment plan. I told her that I would send so much money to them to satisfy the debt incurred since Sears collections supervisors refused to agree to a  plan. Unbeknowns to me they turned it over to this law firm/collections outfit to get their money.  No further negotiations!

When the Oriental sounding female refused to be reasonable, I told her that I would send so much money every month to work on reducing my debt..since she wouldn't hear of it, I just told her that was IT.  If..IF I could send in more funds I would so..and I did.  She was Extremely nasty & RUDE.

I finally got paid up..REQUESTED RESPECTFULLY that with this last payment that they issue me, as required by N.Y.State Law, a "Letter of Collections Satisfaction" and they should do this with-in a reasonable time frame.  The original letter that I sent was dated 04 May 2011. Nothing has been received in the mail since.  As of 03 June 2011 I sent another letter, this time not respectfully requesting, but NOW DEMANDING this letter. I gave them 30 days to comply, even ample time due to legal holidays to send me this letter...still ZIP, nothing.

Now, it's time for action...I fully realize these people are lawyers and they twist and bend the law to their own benefit until they "get caught"..then twist it more..to their own satisfaction...Debt collectors are mean, vicious vendictive individuals, BUT, they have messed with the wrong person on THIS one.

I will recind this report ONLY if I get this letter of satisfaction..otherwise let the chips fall where they  may.  Eventually THEY will have to answer to a higher authority and being a lawyer won't help them in any way, shape, or format.. Screw me??? NO WAY PAL.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/03/2011 08:52 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Weltman-Weinberg-Reis-Co-LPA/Cleveland-Ohio-44113/Weltman-Weinberg-Reis-Co-LPA-Refusal-to-dispatch-Letter-of-Collections-efforts-SATIS-736370. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Weltman, Weinberg, & Reis Co. LPA

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Sears account

AUTHOR: Sue Em All - (United States of America)

Why not find out if there is a NY State law for civil penalties if they do not comply?  Sue them in court for the letter and for statutory damages....