Complaint Review: Wendell Huffines of The Handyman Crew

• Updated: Mon, November 05, 2012

• Reported By: Gail — Cedar Hill Texas United States of America
Wendell Huffines of The Handyman Crew
1202 Independence Tr. Grand Prairie, Texas United States of America

Wendell Huffines of The Handyman Crew 1st Choice Painting Painting & Home Maintenance Ripped Off & Scammed Us Grand Prairie, Texas

*Consumer Comment: Bad business

*General Comment: HE IS A RIP OFF ARTIST

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Is Wendell Paying taxes

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Is Wendell Paying taxes

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Ripoff door to door guys

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Ripoff door to door guys

*Consumer Comment: Lies

Wendell Huffines came in & gave us a reasonable quote on a retexturing & bathroom remodal along with cleaning off a fence & painting it.  A 3-4 day job turned into a 6 day job after which they packed up all of their stuff & left.  The crew were space cadets, argured with each other and were basically the most unprofessional people we have ever delt with.  We still have cabinet material & bathroom material we have paid for but haven't received yet.

This crew was the nastiest folks ever.  They tracked drywall mud all over our carpet, spilled paint on the carpet, left drinks, lunch trash & cigerette buts all over the place outdoors.  They spent more time on cigeratte breaks than they did working.  One member of the crew Jesse James, even went out to the van to drink (alcohol

Spare yourselves the misery.  Do Not Hire These People.  They lie, cheat, & steal!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/25/2012 07:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wendell-Huffines-of-The-Handyman-Crew/Grand-Prairie-Texas-75052-2026/Wendell-Huffines-of-The-Handyman-Crew-1st-Choice-Painting-Painting-Home-Maintenance-Ripp-932629. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wendell Huffines of The Handyman Crew

Bad business

AUTHOR: harold & Debra Garlin - (USA)

rip off is correct I wish I would if read these reviews before I hired him and his crew. Substandard work done and rest not completed broke my garage door and made a mess on the carpet , grass, street with paint and trash :(

#2 General Comment

HE IS A RIP OFF ARTIST

AUTHOR: DMG - (United States of America)

They came over to do various jobs on my home...my backyard is a mess, there is concrete in the grass, there are screw ups in the concrete they poured, the mortared bricks are misapplied in areas.  The electrical work is horrendous, there are wires running everywhere and we specifically were told they would be able to hide them better then they had.  When they came inside to start on a simple job, they had wires outside the walls, but connected to the internal wiring on the plug (these are supposed to be electricians?)  The owner, Wendell, came in, turned off all power which made me lose the work I had just started on, then he seemed surprised that all the power was out (I even know what those switches do and I'm not an electrician).  Then because we were upset at this he told his guys to pack it up and they left in a hurry.

Funny thing, they had no license plate and Wendell refused to give us a copy of the contract and refused to give us his contractors license #, which he claimed several times that he had.

DO NOT USE HIM EVER

#3 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Is Wendell Paying taxes

AUTHOR: mrs.jones - (United States of America)

I have been looking into this guy for 6months now every since his so call crew painted the outside of my house and didn't finish. They took 6,000 dollars from me and didn't even finish. So I been looking into. His back round he don't pay any taxes. Wat he do is change his name everytime he get a bad report other that company. He have been under about six other names. ( t&w home main, home drs,handyman crew,and a few others. We need to do something about this guy.

#4 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Is Wendell Paying taxes

#5 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Ripoff door to door guys

AUTHOR: mrs.jones - (United States of America)

Wendell came to my house gave me a bid, I gave him a 30% deposit and they never came back. So if a flyer on

your door by da name 1st choice or handyman crew don't call them there ripoff. And his son TRAVIS HUFFINES WILL STILL EVERYTHING YOU HAVE:

#6 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Ripoff door to door guys

Lies

AUTHOR: ElashiaJade143 - (United States of America)

Wendell Huffines is A amazing worker. These are All Lies. His Business Has Changed And I Suggest U Take This Down BEfore Things Get Intense.... These Are All Lies And I Disgree With it All!

Elashia ****