Complaint Review: Wendy Leister

• Submitted: Thu, January 17, 2008
  • Updated: Sun, January 27, 2008

• Reported By:Hamton Virginia
Wendy Leister
307 East Market Street Hellam, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

Wendy Leister She's a Theif! Not listed as a licensed vendor of official Girl Scout licensed items! Hellam Pennsylvania

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: I am a licensed business

*Author of original report: The Scrapbook Patch, Wendy Leister, Buyer Beware!! Not a LICENSED vendor!

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: REsponse to postings

*Author of original report: The Scrapbook Patch/Wendy Leister, Buyer Beware!!

I too was conned by this woman. She continually takes orders from people, takes their money, and then strings them along with one excuse after another, or doesn't even bother replying at all. She received a money order in the amount of $40 from me back in November 2007. Last word was that I would be getting a refund on February 10th, but I'm not convinced I'll see anything by then, if at all!

This woman is still currently taking orders and selling items on her website, http://stores.thegspatch.com/StoreFront.bok

Did I mention she' not even listed as an authorized vendor to sell officially licensed Girl Scout items? I have reported her to our local GS council, I strongly suggest anyone else out there who's been scammed by her should do the same.

She posts her ads on various yahoo groups, and I believe she also sells on eBay. She has several email accounts she uses, these are only the ones that I am aware of:
wendyl1@comcast.net ; redskinsfan8270@comcast.net ; wdmemories422@yahoo.com ; gsmemories@comcast.net ; wendy1@comcast.net ; wendyl@thegspatch.com ; gsmemories1@comcast.net

Her other pertinent information such as name and mailing address are listed below, the first address was the one I used to send my money order:

Wendy Leister
c/o the Scrapbooking Patch
307 E MARKET ST
HELLAM PA 17406-1107

Or as per her website,

We have a new mailing address for check/money orders:
the Scrapbooking Patch
PO Box 20256
York, PA 17402

Also, FYI Link to the BBB complaints:

A few of us victims have banded together in hopes of getting her shut down. If you too have been affected by one of Wendy's scams, please consider joining us at beenscammed@yahoogroups.com

This case of internet and mail fraud must come to an end!

Michelle
Hamton, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/17/2008 06:08 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wendy-Leister/Hellam-Pennsylvania-17406/Wendy-Leister-Shes-a-Theif-Not-listed-as-a-licensed-vendor-of-official-Girl-Scout-licen-300809. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wendy Leister

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

I am a licensed business

AUTHOR: Wendy - (U.S.A.)

yes, I am a license business, I have a license in my store, file my taxes yearly and do everything I should be doing according to my license #.
If you need that #, contact me.

And by the way, you don't need to be authorized by the GIRL SCOUTS to sell their products anymore, K&CO -a well known company-is licensed to resell their products to businesses like myself and we are able to sell their product online to anyone.
K&Company is the company licensed, not me........I just buy and resell their products. It has the GIRL SCOUT NAME ON IT, yes.....but those policies have changed.

The Scrapbook Patch, Wendy Leister, Buyer Beware!! Not a LICENSED vendor!

AUTHOR: Michelle - (U.S.A.)

And yet another rip off is reported! WoW!
Anyone have any GOOD news they can add in Wendy's defense?

I'm still waiting to hear back from her private emails to me begging for more time to make everything right from earlier this week (Monday).

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

REsponse to postings

AUTHOR: Wendy - (U.S.A.)

First of all, this information posted is so untrue, I cannot believe anybody post this about my company and calling me a scam/fraudulent seller. Anyone (Michelle from VA) that seems to have an issue with me, please contact me personally thru my online website, if I was such a scammer, why am I still online offering my address and/or phone # to everyone worldwide to CONTACT ME, YES CONTACT ME.......PLEASE DO SO TODAY SO I CAN CHAT WITH YOU.

The Scrapbook Patch/Wendy Leister, Buyer Beware!!

AUTHOR: Michelle - (U.S.A.)

Wendy also "sells" various die-cuts and scrapbooking supplies from many different companies, including big names such as Disney and the like. She says she is licensed, however I would assume that she is not. Since the sources at the Girl Scouts tell me she is not listed or authorized to sell anything Girl Scouts, I would make a safe assumption that she is not licensed anywhere as a legitimate vendor. Not only is she ripping off the consumer, but she is stealing royalties from the big tops in the corporate world. Unless of course she has nothing in stock at all and just runs a fraudulant storefront altogether.

I highly suggest avoiding any transactions with this woman! If you're reading this far, I also encourage you to pass this info on to your circle of scrap book pals. They will appreciate the fact that you did, and you might even save them from a big headache!