Complaint Review: Wendy's Fast Food

• Submitted: Tue, June 24, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, June 25, 2008

• Reported By:brevard North Carolina
Wendy's Fast Food
97 Asheville HWY Brevard, North Carolina U.S.A.

Wendy's Fast Food Neglected parking lot- re-bar protruding from cement caused major damage! Brevard North Carolina

*Author of original report: Wendy's Fast Food

I was pulling into a shaded area in the Wendy's parking lot and did not see Re-Bar protruding from the cement stop because the embankment behind the cement stop was covered with pine needles the same exact color as the Re-Bar. I pulled into the slot and my sensors did not detect it. The left side protruded 4 inches and the right side was 3 inches.

My BMW cleared the cement but not the left side 4 inch Re-Bar. When I went to reverse out of the spot the re-bar hung up under my bumper and tore it away from my fog lamps, sensors, inner splash guard, and cracked the bumper on the left side.

I went straight into Wendy's and asked for a Manager. He was bagging burgers and so we waited until he was finished. I asked for him to come look at my car and the damaged that was done to it and his response was "Just call your Insurance Company". I was appalled that he felt that he was to busy to take a look. After several words were exchanged I told him that I would not leave until he did.

I took pictures of the damage to my BMW and also called the Police to issue a report. The police officer was in agreement that the re-bar cannot be seen upon approaching the spot. I had to pay a $500.00 deductible and my insurance Company is eating the rest which is at least $1000.00.

Wendy's insurance Company Nationwide feels that I was 1% at fault and that they are 99% at fault but refuses to pay for their neglected parking areas and what it did to my vehicle. This obviously has happened before because all the Re-Bar has either been hammered down with a sledge hammer and or left there. All spaces have cracked cement.

ALL, and I say ALL of the 10 spaces are in dyer need of replacing. In the third row there is Re-Bar bent over to where a child or adult can get their foot tangled in it and Re-Bar does not give! Brevard NC is a small town and I would not have expected this type of treatment.

Word gets around very fast when there is an issue like this where they just do not care about their patrons.

Laura
brevard, North Carolina

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/24/2008 04:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wendys-Fast-Food/Brevard-North-Carolina-28712/Wendys-Fast-Food-Neglected-parking-lot-re-bar-protruding-from-cement-caused-major-damage-343799. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wendy's Fast Food

Wendy's Fast Food

AUTHOR: Laura trubey - (U.S.A.)

If anyone has also had this happen to them please file a report to your local Police Department.