Complaint Review: Wendy's International, Inc.

• Submitted: Wed, February 24, 2010
  • Updated: Wed, August 22, 2012

• Reported By: jg — san jose California United States of America
Wendy's International, Inc.
One Dave Thomas Blvd. Internet, Ohio United States of America

Wendy's International, Inc. do you want cheese with that? Internet, Ohio

*General Comment: I see your concern..

*Consumer Comment: Yes, these people need to learn their product!

whenever i have gone through the wendy's drive-thru, i have always wondered why they always ask you - do you want cheese with that?  i usually order/ask for a single burger, without cheese, along with other items for other people ..
last night, i decided to order my usual (single burger) by itself ..  the menu outside lists the single burger as $3.19 by itself.  once i have placed my order, the cashier informed me that my total would be $3.92 .. ?!   i pulled up to the next window, wondering how the state tax suddenly rose to 23% without my being aware of it .. ?

i asked the cashier to see the receipt before paying ..  the item cost was listed as $3.59, not the posted $3.19 ..  i asked him why the menu outside listed the burger as only $3.19; however, the receipt listed $3.59 .. ???  his reply was 'i don't know .. '
i asked to speak to someone who DID know, preferably a manager ..  i was surprised when he told me that HE was the manager ..  again, i asked him WHY the receipt price was not the same as the posted price .. ?  again .. "i don't know ..   ummmm ..  maybe ....   ummmmm ...   i don't know .. " was the best he could come up with ..
i informed him that i would not be paying $3.59 + tax for an item that was posted at $3.19 .. !!  after a brief silence, he then hit something on the register and then told me "ok ..  $3.49 .. "  i asked him how the price suddenly went down 43 cents as i sat there ..  no reply ..

paid for my burger and left ..
then, while reviewing the receipt at home, i noted that the receipt posted 1 s-cheese at $3.59 then listed underneath, in a black box where they would normally list the condiment choices - n-cheese ..
aha ..  so now i realized that i was being charged for a cheeseburger, which i did not order, then the cheese was deleted, as an unnecessary condiment would be ..
what a rip-off ..  !!!

as i normally walk next door to wendy's on my lunch hour from work, i realized that i now need to check all my past receipts that i can find to see how much wendy's has been ripping me off during the past years .. !
let's see ..  around 2 times per week times .43 times perhaps 3-4 months would be somewhere in the neighborhood of $14.00 ..  (a conservative estimate) ..
hmmm ..  14.00 times thousands of customers ..
you get the picture .. ?

i attempted to contact wendy's corporate office directly ..
the lady who answered told me that she would have someone call me back ..
4 hours later ..  nothing ..

anyone want to check you receipts .. ?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/24/2010 12:04 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wendys-International-Inc/Internet-Ohio-43017/Wendys-International-Inc-do-you-want-cheese-with-that-Internet-Ohio-574305. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wendy's International, Inc.

#1 General Comment

I see your concern..

AUTHOR: pissedoffcustomer - (United States of America)

For someone who is eating at Wendy's TWICE a week, why dont u try STOP eating there, you will no longer have this issue.

Yes, these people need to learn their product!

AUTHOR: Debbie - (U.S.A.)

I've had similar RECURRENT experiences at McDonald's.

For breakfast, I enjoy a Sausage McMuffin from time to time.  For those that don't know, a Sausage McMuffin is simply sausage and cheese on an english muffin.  Well, because I get these with regular frequency, I know that the price is $1.69 (in my area).

I can't tell you HOW MANY TIMES I've ordered a "Sausage McMuffin", only to see the overzealous cashier type in "Sausage McMuffin w/Egg" to the tune of $2.49.  I then correct them and say "No...no egg!".  What do they do?  Underneath the order, they simply note "No round egg."  The price remains unchanged.

Um...no I don't think so.  Too many times I've had to counsel these people on their own product, saying "NO...Sausage McMuffins are much cheaper than Sausage McMuffins with egg!"  It usually takes a a period of dead silence along with help from a nearby coworker before they learn how to correct the mistake.

I didn't think ordering a Sausage McMuffin would be that hard.  Some McDonald's don't even put cheese on it, which has caused me to hold up the line and check for cheese each time I go now.

Luckily, since they put the Sausage McMuffin on the Dollar Menu, it's been much easier ordering my breakfast.  I hope it lasts!

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC