reflects

• Reported By: Plantation Oaks — Flagler Beach Florida United States of America
Werner International Enterprises, Inc
Baltimore, Maryland United States of America

Werner International Enterprises, Inc Light Bulb Scam Baltimore, Maryland

The maintenance person was called on his cell phone by Werner International and asked about who does the ordering for our company.  He told them the community manager did.  They asked if they could send a catalog, verified our business address with him.  A couple of weeks later we received a box of 60 frosted light bulbs.  I questioned the maintenance worker- he did not order.

I attempted to contact the company- after 4 tries, 3 times I left a message as instructed, I finally talked to a female.  When I said I wanted to return the bulbs she said I had to speak with customer service.  She transferred me- and I had to leave a message!  I then wrote a letter to the company and asked for a return label or address.  I was out of the office, then had a message from Kevin to call him.

I called- and had to leave a message again!  (Is there a pattern here?)  Later Kevin called me back.  He was quite forceful on the phone- told me I had received an invoice (I never did) that must be paid. When I asked about how the order was placed, he insisted my worker called them from my office phone.  When I said that would not happen, he told me I need to talk to my staff!  Kevin became more and more rude, practically called me a liar, and told me he was going to call my supervisor about me!

I insisted I never received an invoice, and asked the amount.  Kevin would not tell me, said he would send another invoice.  When I received that, a week later, it was for $498!!!   I sent the box back, but it was refused and returned to me. Then, I read many complaints about Werner International online, and filed a complaint with the FTC.  According to them, this qualifies as unordered merchandise.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/27/2012 09:28 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Werner-International-Enterprises-Inc/Baltimore-Maryland-21224/Werner-International-Enterprises-Inc-Light-Bulb-Scam-Baltimore-Maryland-874719. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Werner International Enterprises, Inc