Complaint Review: Werner International Enterprises

• Updated: Wed, July 25, 2012

• Reported By: Rachael — Cambridge Massachusetts United States of America
Werner International Enterprises
P O Box 25911 Baltimore, Maryland United States of America

Werner International Enterprises sent us 25 light bulbs we never ordered, do not need, for $500 Baltimore, Maryland

Last week, someone called my Chief of Maintenance, offering information about the company.  As my CoM did not know of them, he was polite, said the man could send a catalog if he wished, and his business card.  My CoM made it clear he did not need any light bulbs.  They did not discuss models of light bulbs.  The caller said he would be sending information on the company.

He called the next day to confirm address details for shipping.  My CoM confirmed his name and our address.  Nothing was said about an order, what might be in the order, the amount of the order, or payment or anything.

When the bulbs arrived today, my CoM called the company and told them he had not ordered the bulbs and would be returning them.  They did not want to hear this, of course.  And exchange of phone calls and faxes now has them putting our account to the "Department of Investigations and Collections"

This happened so fast, they are so smooth, it is clear they do this all the time.

My CoM is not a native English speaker, but his English is good enough.  He is very honest, feels very embarrassed for having let this happen to waste all our time.  I told him not to worry, I got scammed like this with ink toner orders years ago, and regularly get calls to 'confirm details' of listings in directories.  If you don't say: NO THANK YOU! and hang up (and maybe even when you do--) you will get this stupid waste of time.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/25/2012 01:30 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Werner-International-Enterprises/Baltimore-Maryland-21224/Werner-International-Enterprises-sent-us-25-light-bulbs-we-never-ordered-do-not-need-fo-917349. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Werner International Enterprises