Complaint Review: Wesley House Sulphur Springs

• Submitted: Tue, December 05, 2006
  • Updated: Fri, July 06, 2012

• Reported By:Sulphur Springs Texas
Wesley House Sulphur Springs
Sulphur Springs, Texas U.S.A.
  • Phone: 903-439-0529
  • Web:
  • Category: Employers

Wesley House Sulphur Springs Nurseing Home Sulphur Springs Texas

*Consumer Comment: Wesley House Provided Great Care

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: Wesley House

*Consumer Comment: Nursing Homes

I was an employee of Wesley House in Sulphur Springs Texas, I have worked hard for this company and have always been there when they needed me. Recently I had a family emergency come up and the first thing they did was "fire me" thier motto is that they care about people. How can they care about people in thier care if they dont even care about thier own employees.

I have been seen first hand how rude some of the employees are to the residents. Most employees treat the residents as if they are a burden to them, I have always tried my best to treat each and every resident as if they were my own grandparents

If I was looking for a assited living center for my mom I would do my best to avoid WESLEY HOUSE in Sulphur Springs Texas.

Concerned
Sulphur Springs, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/05/2006 08:19 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Wesley-House-Sulphur-Springs/Sulphur-Springs-Texas/Wesley-House-Sulphur-Springs-Nurseing-Home-Sulphur-Springs-Texas-223823. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Wesley House Sulphur Springs

Wesley House Provided Great Care

AUTHOR: watchdog1705 - (United States of America)

My grandmother was at Wesley House for many years prior to it being purchased by Jordan Health Care.  During those years, my grandmother received excellent care and Minnie always went out of her way to make sure my grandmother was cared for.  One of the family members was there at Wesley House visiting my grandmother every day, so maybe that makes a difference.  But in all of the visits, my grandmother was happy and happy to be there if she could not be in her own home.  I do recall a few times that my grandmother stated that the food was "bland" but that was the only complaint she ever voiced.  I think it is a good facility, but if I had a family member there, I would check on them every day.

#2 UPDATE EX-employee responds

Wesley House

AUTHOR: Anonymous - (U.S.A.)

I worked at the Wesley House for several years. A few of those years was before it was sold to Jordan's - when Larry Humphries still owned it.

I worked all shifts at some point in time, and also worked in the kitchen. I've seen how the residents were treated by other employees and always felt that they should be reprimanded, but it never happened. Then, these same employees would wonder why the residents didn't like them, or didn't treat them with respect. Why should they? They sure didn't treat the residents with any respect.

There are always one or two that would get on your nerves because they were so demanding. But, I found, that if you would just smile and treat them as you would your own family, then that demanding nature would disappear. I never had the problems with the residents that some of the others had.

Working in the kitchen was the worst. The other ladies in there treated me like I was totally stupid, and didn't know a thing about cooking. Myra and Adele were the ones who couldn't cook. Adele's food was either underdone or burned, and way too salty - which is something the residents didn't need. They'd tell me how much they disliked their meal - after Adele had left. Minnie had been told several times about how bad the meals were getting, but she kept Adele on, when she should have been let go.

Why did I leave? Because it was time. I'd had enough. Too many health problems were beginning to crop up, and the stress was just making it worse. I'd worked in many nursing homes before I went to the Wesley House, and it's the same in all of them. They don't care about their employees - as long as they have a body, then that's all they care about.

I don't know if you'll see this, Chris, but if you do, then please know that I feel the same way you do.

Nursing Homes

AUTHOR: Sandra - (U.S.A.)

I have worked in a lot of nursing homes and hospitals as a cna. I too got fired from one because I couldn't find a baby sitter.
Most of those places don't care about you. They care about being staffed and thats it. They need all the help they can get but at the same time they will fire you because you have to care for your family. How funny.