Complaint Review: West At Home

• Updated: Tue, January 12, 2010

• Reported By: letdown2010 — Florida United States of America
West At Home
omaha, Nebraska United States of America

West At Home If job security is what u want,forget this company! omaha, Nebraska

I posted this statement below on my local craigslist site to vent my frustration about being fired by West At Home.Just figured I'd share it with the world.

Ok,this is a Rant but also a plea for help!Yesterday I was let go from my job of 1 year for something very minor.Basically I was working from home on my computer as a agent for an electric company. And every week on Fridays a quality performance assessment is done on me.I am graded on numerous things including following scripts on calls,length of time on call,quality of cust. svc. etc...Well,I was let go for my length of time on calls being over the guidelines(45 sec. over)for the week.This really upsets me because #1-I was an excellent agent,people would call up so pissed about their bills ready to blow up the place and by the time I finished speaking with them they were thanking me. #2-due to system issues on their end I wasn't able to complete some of the cust. requests and would have to put them on hold and get assistance from a supervisor which ran up my time on calls.And as most people know,when you call an elec. co. you are going to be on the phone for over 3mins.10 sec. thats what the company expected of me was to get off the phone with each cust. in that time.It's possible when people call for simple things but you just can't rush a customer off the phone,to me that is horrible customer service.

So it isn't fair to me,I can understand if I wasn't being polite and professional on the phone,or messing up orders,or missing days at work but NO!I was let go for some bull..I have cried and cried over this because this was my only income.It sucks to be back out in the job search scene,especially while the unemployment rate around here is so high. It wouldn't be so bad if I was living off someone else but I'm not.I am 27, have a mortgage,3 kids,and bills bills bills! I have been struggling as it is but now I feel like everything is just slapping me in the face begging me to fail. But I won't give up,maybe there's something better out there for me.Maybe a job that will see me as a person,instead of just a number.So if anyone is hiring or has any helpful info. on any work please email me.Thanks 4 taking the time to read my rant..

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/12/2010 11:11 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/West-At-Home/omaha-Nebraska-/West-At-Home-If-job-security-is-what-u-wantforget-this-company-omaha-Nebraska-553095. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on West At Home