Complaint Review: West Bay Acquisitions, LLC

• Submitted: Mon, June 25, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, June 25, 2012

• Reported By: Furious former customer — West Warwick Rhode Island U.S.A.
West Bay Acquisitions, LLC
PO Box 8009 Cranston, Rhode Island United States of America

West Bay Acquisitions, LLC Hollywood Video Collections Scam for Videos Allegedly Not Returned in 2009/2010 Cranston, Rhode Island

Today I got a letter in the mail from West Bay Acquisitions, LLC claiming I had an outstanding debt of $23.94 for 4 movies that I allegedly rented on two different days in December 2009, March 2010, and April 2010. Since Hollywood Video went bankrupt in May of 2010, I am wondering why I would be receiving a collection letter more than 2 years later. Hollywood Video had a rule that you could not rent a movie if you had a previous balance still on your account. So if I rented a movie in December 2009 and had a past due balance, how would I be able to rent other movies all the way in April of 2010?

Googling West Bay Acquisitions LLC and Hollywood Video led me to numerous complaints about these collection letters. I know I returned all of the movies I borrowed. I also know that Hollywood would not have allowed me to rent more movies if I had failed to return them. This is a scam and I will be filing a complaint with the Rhode Island Attorney General's Office.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/25/2012 02:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/West-Bay-Acquisitions-LLC/Cranston-Rhode-Island-02920/West-Bay-Acquisitions-LLC-Hollywood-Video-Collections-Scam-for-Videos-Allegedly-Not-Retur-902627. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on West Bay Acquisitions, LLC