dressed

• Reported By: Melissa — Portland Oregon United States of America
West Bay Acquisitions, LLC
PO Box 8009 Cranston, Rhode Island United States of America

West Bay Acquisitions, LLC Hollywood video scam Cranston, Rhode Island

I received a letter from West Bay Acquisitions today stating that I owe $19.99 for "Batman: The Dark Knight." I watched that crummy movie in the theater and KNOW that I didn't rent it from Hollywood on 3/4/2009. According to my google calendar, my car was stolen that day and I know for sure I was dealing with the cops and not picking out a horrible movie from my least favorite video store.

So, I attempted to call their number (888) 737-7606.  If you push 2 to speak to a representative, they allow you to leave a voicemail.  If you push 1 to get more information on a Hollywood Video account, it immediately disconnects you.

I requested a callback before the end of business today (8/6/12) which I don't anticipate will actually happen. I also mailed them a letter stating that the fee is fraudulent and that I dispute it and demanded that they close my file and mail me a written confirmation that the account has been closed by 8/20/12.

Here's hoping that they actually close the file, if not, I guess I'll pay the dough to pull another credit report this year and see if this crummy charge is showing up anywhere.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/06/2012 12:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/West-Bay-Acquisitions-LLC/Cranston-Rhode-Island-02920/West-Bay-Acquisitions-LLC-Hollywood-video-scam-Cranston-Rhode-Island-923231. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on West Bay Acquisitions, LLC