Complaint Review: West Bay Acquisitions, LLC

• Updated: Mon, December 10, 2012

• Reported By: Cindy — Harbor City California United States of America
West Bay Acquisitions, LLC
P.O. Box 8009 Cranston, Rhode Island United States of America

West Bay Acquisitions, LLC Notice of Debt for Overdue DVD Rentals Cranston, Rhode Island

About a week ago my husband received an "Important Notice" from West Bay Acquisitions, LLC for past due DVD's rented from the now closed Hollywood Video in Torrance, CA. It stated that 5 DVD's from May & June of 2009 needed to be paid for. They were asking for $41.81.

I couldn't bring myself to pay this notice for several reasons: These "alleged" DVD rentals are 3.5 years old & Hollywood Video has never made an attempt prior to collect on them? I'm on top of our bills. If I remember correctly, video stores required you to have a current credit card on file BEFORE you're allowed to rent anything just in case their merchandise is never returned, you have an old outstanding balance, etc. Plus, how do you come up with the calculation of $41.81 for 5 old DVD's?

I'm sure if I analyzed this situation further I could find other suspicious circumstances. For now, I'm going with my gut & common sense.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/10/2012 04:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/West-Bay-Acquisitions-LLC/Cranston-Rhode-Island-02920/West-Bay-Acquisitions-LLC-Notice-of-Debt-for-Overdue-DVD-Rentals-Cranston-Rhode-Island-980331. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on West Bay Acquisitions, LLC