Complaint Review: West Bay Acquisitions, LLC

• Updated: Mon, March 05, 2012

• Reported By: Jen — Brookhaven Pennsylvania United States of America
West Bay Acquisitions, LLC
1540 Pontiac Ave, Ste A, Cranston, Rhode Island United States of America

West Bay Acquisitions, LLC Todd A Harraka Fraudulently trying to cash in on nonexistent debts from defunct Hollywood Video Cranston, Rhode Island

I received a letter from this company stating I owed money for 10 different movies that were late on 7 separate occassions from the time period beginning Jan 2009 through Nov 2009.  This is an attempt to extort a small enough amount of money from me and others so that we will pay so as not to ruin our credit but don't legitimately owe.  I will not pay.  Nor should anyone else who does not owe this money.

I called the Federal Trade Commission to file a report and they were already aware of this "scam".  The operator stated to send West Bay Acquisitions, LLC a letter that this is not my debt and not to contact me anymore and to also tell them I filed a complaint with the FTC.  I employ everyone who does not owe this debt to this company to file a legitimate complaint with the FTC.  It literally took 4 mins to file the complaint via telephone.

I also called the Rhode Island Attorney General's Office and spoke to someone who was also well aware of this situation, however, she was not as quick to offer any help other than to tell me to send them a cease and decist letter, mail it certified and deny the debt.  Hopefully someone will pick up on this "scam" and do something about these people.  Who knows how many other businesses they own and use to scam people out of hard earned money.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/05/2012 03:34 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/West-Bay-Acquisitions-LLC/Cranston-Rhode-Island-02920/West-Bay-Acquisitions-LLC-Todd-A-Harraka-Fraudulently-trying-to-cash-in-on-nonexistent-de-849084. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on West Bay Acquisitions, LLC