Complaint Review: West Bay Acquisitions

• Submitted: Sun, February 12, 2012
  • Updated: Sun, February 12, 2012

• Reported By: Gigi — Perris California U.S.A.
West Bay Acquisitions
Cranston, Rhode Island United States of America

West Bay Acquisitions Why wait three years to send me a collection notice? Cranston, Rhode Island

Back in 2009 I remember renting movies from Hollywood Video. I also remember always going in and paying off the charges that I owned when I went in to rent more. I'd never leave an account open like this. What I have a problem with is this. IF this is true that I owe $23.95, why would Hollywood video or any company wait three years to send me a collection notice?  If you want people to pay, send out a notice sooner. This is getting very close to the statue of limitations in California, which is 4 years. It has been almost 3 years now. This company did not provide me  any proof whatsoever. No reciept of when I brought the DVD's back, no signature of anyone. Nothing. This letter says that I owe this money from 3/20/2009 for Pathology and 4/21/2009 for NEO NED (which I don't remember renting at all) and on 5/28/2009 for Doubt. Interestingly enough, they took extra care to NOT say what I owe for EACH DVD and how long each ONE was late (one day or one week). If this company wants me to believe them, they need to do more than just send in a collection notice and give me something with a date and time that I returned such items and a signature. Case closed.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/12/2012 09:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/West-Bay-Acquisitions/Cranston-Rhode-Island-02920/West-Bay-Acquisitions-Why-wait-three-years-to-send-me-a-collection-notice-Cranston-Rho-838163. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on West Bay Acquisitions