Complaint Review: West Coast Movers

• Reported By: Kay — Oakgrove Kentucky
West Coast Movers
Nationwide USA

West Coast Movers terrible, unreliable, stressful, lies Las Vegas Nevada

The absolute WORST moving company I've ever dealt with. This is long, but bear with me.

My husband was supposed to return from deployment so my baby and I needed to return across country to get back and set up a home for him. I had just given birth, I had never used a moving company before, and I was beyond stressed with everything that I needed to do. I just needed to get my things moved without a problem and I was excited when Eric told me the price and how easy he made it sound.

To start things off, I HAD to leave on a certain day and they were scheduled to come and get my things on that day. They didn't call after they had found out that they were not going to be able to make it that day and I actually was the one who had to figure out where they were. I had to leave all of my things outside at my mom's house and trust that they would eventually show up. I had already driven across country by the time that they got into gear. I had spent hours on the phone with the drivers trying to figure out when they would get to my mom's house, and one of the drivers actually had the nerve to tell me that they were going to go ahead and stop and get some food (after already being 2.5 days late for pick up). When they showed up at my mom's house they were incredibly rude towards her and basically just threw my things in a random unmarked truck.

Next, I was told that I would get my things within a week (AT THE LATEST, WE SWEAR) of pick up. Yeah, that didn't happen at all. I looked it up, and they legally had 21 days after the day of pick up to get me my things or I wouldn't have to pay them. They held out as long as they could by keeping my things in storage while I sat in an empty house for 21 days despite all my calling and pleading.

The day the moving guy came, it was an absolute disaster. Sincerely, it could not have gone any worse. Because they had shown up so late, I didn't get a chance to see how big the truck was going to be. I assumed that since I only had two rooms of things that they would use a smaller truck. They ended up bringing an 18 wheel truck and couldn't fit it down my street. I get a call from a frazzled guy at 8 at night telling me that there is no way he can get me my things so I needed to come get my things or he would leave with them. Um... okay?

I met up with the guy two miles away on the side of the road at this abandoned store. He (and his two young children) in the truck were there along with his giant truck. I could tell that he had no idea what was happening and I couldn't blame him for the lack of communication. I ended up calling the main company who was in charge of everything and I told them what the problem was and the guy on the phone rudely explained that "it wasn't his problem and I needed to deal with it myself." At that point I was absolutely livid. It was supposed to be a door-to-door service and I didn't think it was fair that I would have to pay since now I would have to pay for another truck to finish it. The driver informed me that until I gave him the cash that he wouldn't unload the truck and that he would take my things with him where ever the hell he was going. After several calls to the company, the owner of the company actually went so far as to threaten me by calling the cops (He was in another state, so he never did). He was rude, arrogant and downright nasty to deal with. The mover put all of my things on the side of the road and I actually had to pay for that. I was left at nearly 10 at night trying to figure out how to get all of my things home, and it turned out that I was not only missing things but they were also broken.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/21/2014 11:44 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/West-Coast-Movers/nationwide/West-Coast-Movers-terrible-unreliable-stressful-lies-Las-Vegas-Nevada-1140457. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on West Coast Movers