• Report: #209857

• Submitted: Thu, September 07, 2006
  • Updated: Thu, March 01, 2007

• Reported By:Spanaway Washington
West Coast Vinyl
4023 S. Orchard Tacoma, Washington U.S.A.

West Coast Vinyl doesn't stand behind warranty, inferior products and installation Tacoma Washington

*Consumer Comment: West Coast Vinyl Super Rip Off

We bought 10 windows and a sliding door from this company a few years ago. I am still trying to get them done right. OMG what a mess they left behind.

They had 2 people removing all of these windows and installing them! TWO??? They took a huge loud metal saw and CUT our old windows out.

Once they were installed they made a mess with the calking and left big gaps. Had them out here at least 4 times to fix the sliding door, it NEVER has locked, EVER, the frame has broke, the replaced it, broke again. Very hard to open and close..all this for only 8 grand, how special!

I also get the run around when I call. Now we have leaking moisture around some of the windows, not to mention it still is ugly. Our bedroom window is off so it's not air tight like it should be.

I am just tired of dealing with them that I keep putting off calling them again.. I mean, why bother because it wont get done right...

Seeing your report I didn't feel so alone in this. I am going to file a complaint with the BBB and the attorney generals office..

West coast will not honor our guarantee either. It is a lifetime guarantee on the windows and the instalation.. now they tell me they dont guarantee the caulking well last time I checked that was part of the installation..

The caulking is part of my complaints because they used the wrong kind and they did a really messy job and cut up our window trim and everything and they covered it with caulking!

The whole thing really makes me want to cry..

Karla
Spanaway, Washington

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/07/2006 12:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/West-Coast-Vinyl/Tacoma-Washington-98466/West-Coast-Vinyl-doesnt-stand-behind-warranty-inferior-products-and-installation-Tacoma-209857. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on West Coast Vinyl

West Coast Vinyl Super Rip Off

AUTHOR: Idena - (U.S.A.)

Not only does WCVinyl not stand behind work or warranties they totally rip off the consumer with shady business practices.

In my case they installed every window incorrectly, did not finish, walked off the job, did $7500 of collateral property damage, lost the dog, didn't communicate between April 05 and June 06, filed a lawsuit against us, then lied and manipulated the system to win in arbitration.

I have a similar situation only worse. I reported it to this site, hopefully it will be available for you to comment on.

I am looking to form a group to file a class action lawsuit against West Coast Vinyl, any suggestions?

My report is the long one with the dates starting 04 and ending February 14, 07.

Frustrated in Bremerton WA