Complaint Review: West Gate Resorts

• Submitted: Sun, June 19, 2005
  • Updated: Sun, June 19, 2005

• Reported By:Milledgeville Georgia
West Gate Resorts
westgateresorts.com Gatlinburg, Tennessee U.S.A.

West Gate Resorts Ripoff...Selling Stuff They Ain't Got!!! Gatlinburg Tennessee

*Author of original report: Westgate Resorts Ripoff...Selling Stuff They Ain't Got

I became a West Gate owner in 2001 and it has been one of my biggest mistakes ever!

We had a reservation for the pet-friendly top unit in February of 2005. We stayed one night and the next morning I called the front office to make sure I was in the pet friendly unit. My daughter and her friend learned that honesty is not the best policy at West Gate Resorts that day. The manager called a security guard to escort me off the premises! You can imagine my horror! The guard was nice enough...he even agreed that the manager was an irrational, illogical idiot! It took tons of emails, phone calls, and letters to reinstate my week! I have not received an apology from the manager as of yet!

Since February, I have tried to reserve my week in Gatlinburg, but I keep getting told, "Unavailable". I bought a red week, but apparently so did 89% of the owners (according to one of the WG employees). How can you buy a red week when none of the red weeks are available for you to use? Isn't that like a used car salesman having 100 cars and selling 150? Shouldn't that be illegal?

West Gate representatives call often about owner referrals, but they seldom respond to an owner request or question with such punctuality and persistence. I have written letters to the central office in Florida, but the administration obviously isn't concerned about its consumers. Something needs to be done about West Gate's deciteful and unprofessional practices!

Cecelia
Milledgeville, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/19/2005 01:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/West-Gate-Resorts/Gatlinburg-Tennessee/West-Gate-Resorts-RipoffSelling-Stuff-They-Aint-Got-Gatlinburg-Tennessee-146755. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on West Gate Resorts

Westgate Resorts Ripoff...Selling Stuff They Ain't Got

AUTHOR: Cecelia - (U.S.A.)

See "Westgate Resorts" for additional complaints.