Complaint Review: West Kendall Toyota

• Submitted: Thu, January 13, 2011
  • Updated: Fri, January 14, 2011

• Reported By: Ripofftrain — arlington Texas U.S.A.
West Kendall Toyota
13800 SW 137th Ave Miami, Florida United States of America

West Kendall Toyota Unbelievable sales practices - complete scam artists Miami, Florida

*Consumer Comment: Ripofftrain, Make sure to 'Google' this- TOYOTA TWITTER SLUDGE, and go to that site...

*Consumer Comment: incompetent or crook?

I was given a quoted price on a new 2011 Camry, which included alloy wheels, keyless entry, and 0% financing. Over the course of a week, I called 3-4 times to confirm the deal with the sales rep at West Kendall Toyota. I was traveling from another state to Miami, and had a sign-and-drive arrangement.

Upon arriving at the dealership, the sales rep's supervisor, head of internet sales tells me I cant have the quoted price AND 0% financing. I said well this is what I was told, and that is what I agreed with. If there was miscommunication, I should have been notified prior to my arrival. They bumped up the price $2,000, denied alloy wheels, and no keyless entry (which they told me about only at the end when I was given the keys), and said only then can I get 0% financing. The General manager on staff denied any wrong doing, or responsibility for the mistake, and said this is the best we can do: and offered me a price $750 less. After 2 hours of negotiating for my own original price I was promised for the past week and a half, the manager brought down the price an additional 200. After 4 hours of negotiating, things were stalling. They knew I was a student, and had came here with the intent of purchasing a car. They had me in a position where the customer was almost forced to purchase a car, the trick was to get him into the dealership, and then use their muscle and advantage over me, with my suitcases in hand.

I finally agreed to purchase the car, seeing that it would be useless to pay 100 dollars for a cab, only to come back the next day and hassle and negoiate my way at another dealership and waste even more time. On my way home, Toyota calls me and asks me to come back the nexdt morning because they made a mistake (yes, another one) on my paperwork and misquoted me. They ended up giving me the car for 500 dollars CHEAPER than our original quoted online price. Karma is a B. Please do NOT do business with West Kendall Toyota. I'd rather overpay for a car, and know I'm not getting purposely scammed and baited, than deal with their absurd business practices.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/13/2011 11:05 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/West-Kendall-Toyota/Miami-Florida-33816/West-Kendall-Toyota-Unbelievable-sales-practices-complete-scam-artists-Miami-Florida-682453. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on West Kendall Toyota

AUTHOR: Karl - (USA)

every day to stay updated about Toyota, okay?

Good luck to you!

incompetent or crook?

AUTHOR: Just a normal guy - (United States of America)

That's always the question in these situations, are they crooks, or just morons? A lot of times I've found that the internet sales "department" (which usually consists of one guy who's not quite good enough to be a floor salesman) has different deals available, and the other guys at the dealership don't know about them, hence the runaround.

Not justifying their behavior at all (the opposite actually) but this is just a warning/guideline that many dealerships seem to do this.