• Report: #208614

Complaint Review: West La Engine Rebuilding, Gulu, head Of Sales And Man, Raul, shop Form, Nancy, office Man

• Submitted: Wed, August 30, 2006
  • Updated: Tue, March 10, 2009

• Reported By:palmer Alaska
3243 S. La Cienega Blvd. Los Angeles, California U.S.A.

West La Engine Rebuilding, Gulu, head Of Sales And Man, Raul, shop Form, Nancy, office Man Sent wrong motor won't take it back without charging me the shipping to Alaska and the return at a Total of $617.52 Ripoff Los Angeles California

*Consumer Comment: west la engines warranty is a SCAM!

Oredered 1991 L98 Complete Corvette Long block motor.

I received 1991 block with bad crank with loose #1 rod cap with a scored bearing, Has 1992 LT1 heads not the 1991 L98 heads will not work with the total top end of motor fuel-injection system, stock 350 cam (not the corvette roller cam that I spoke to Gulu before paying for the Long block),No upper push rod retainers (which will let the rockers float out of line), No Lifter retainers for the missing correct cam, Incorrect timming chain and gears will not fit with the 1991 corvette motor.

I called Gulu at West La engine rebuilders after mechanics called and informed me of the problems and Gulu informed me the best they would do was replace the heads, but not the cam, timing chain,nor pay for the labor for the exchange as well.

I called again and asked for the shop forman Raul and told him the problems and Raul said that I only ordered a stock 350 chevy motor and not the corvette motor and would not help me as well as he would never send out a bad motor, I was just trying to rip them off (??????) who's ripping who off.

I called again and had the casting numbers off the heads and block that they sent me and then tried one more time to get West La engine rebuilders to take back said Long block motor that they sent with no responce.

I then got an email from the Office manager Nancy, Whom stated that she would have a inspector talk to me.

I recieved a call from a man from california that informed me that West La Engine rebuilders wanted me to discuss the problems with him and he at the end of the conversation told me that West La Engine rebuilders should refund my monies or pay for the total rework of said motor.

I now have recieved an email again from Nancy the office manager that claims I need to pay to send back the motor ($308.76) as well as let them deduct $308.76 from my refund from my credit card money. I thought I was reading this wrong and I called Nancy and asked why and what for and she said that was the least she would refund if any monies at all. I told her that we would most likely go to court and she said if I threatened her again she would not have to ever talk to me as well.

Ralph
palmer, Alaska

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/30/2006 08:23 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/West-La-Engine-Rebuilding-Gulu-head-Of-Sales-And-Man-Raul-shop-Form-Nancy-office-Man/Los-Angeles-California-90016/West-La-Engine-Rebuilding-Gulu-head-Of-Sales-And-Man-Raul-shop-Form-Nancy-office-Man-208614. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on West La Engine Rebuilding, Gulu, head Of Sales And Man, Raul, shop Form, Nancy, office Man

west la engines warranty is a SCAM!

AUTHOR: Stewart - (U.S.A.)

When I called I got one estimated price, wehn I dropped off the motor they had no exchange and went to work on mine. They called saying my crank was bad and I needed another which they would sell. What could I do?

We had agreed on a date when the motor would be finished because I had to fly back from NYC to LA, and wouldnt you know it? They were 4 days late in completing the engine. I could have rebuilt the thing in a day if I had what they do?
It cost me 4 days motels and meals. Then, they refused to bring the motor from where they got it from!

It went 60 miles and began knocking, I called, and they stalled, delayed, did not return calls, you name it.I put the vehicle in a storage yard and spent $300 for the tow from the interstate hwy out in Riverside, Ca.

I called the creidt card company and this guy GULU must have spun quite a yarn...and when I took the motor out and v brought it back?
WLA engines is gone!