Complaint Review: West Wood College Of Technology

• Submitted: Thu, March 01, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, March 01, 2007

• Reported By:Cicero Illinois
West Wood College Of Technology
8501 W. Higgins Road Chicago, Illinois U.S.A.

West Wood College Of Technology Misleading and Unethical Practices Chicago Illinois

After registering with West Wood College (Institute) now located on Higgins Road in Chicago, IL but when I was there it was located at the Aviation Building on Mannheim Road in Schiller Park, IL. They rented the most of the basement and also part of the 1st floor.

The administrator Alida Carpenter was replaced by a greek gentleman who was a director for Comcast or At&T don't recall that well anyway he seemed to instill fear in his employees one in particular a short chubby lady who drove a white car and was in charge of the admissions, student aid & book store.

My big problem was that they told me what I wanted to hear which was a good deal on how to partially pay the my tuition since I had the G.I. Bill. So I signed and was suppose to pay $50 a month. When this new administrator came in he revised the contract and said to me you either sign a new contract or leave the school. What I did not know is that they had me sign some type of student aid form so that they may get the money upfornt and which I now owe the State Of Colorad...about $10,000.

During the 23 months I was there...there were complaints left and right, changing of instructors, reduction of equipment and so forth. I had the GI Bill and Now the Illinois Veterans Grant, never in my wildest dreams would I ever recommend this financial trap to anyone.

As I write this complaint I called West Wood and a
Receptionist said she is not suppose to comment on accreditation? Why? What are they hiding?

I spoke with a Representative a Hindu/Pakistani accent by the name of Shahed @ 11:26 a.m. Shahed stated after I asked him twice if West Wood College Of Technology is an accredited college and if were possible for me to transfer these credits to a 4 year college? His response was "YES", they are accredited by Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges of Technology (ACCSCT).

Now if you go to this link http://www.westwoodcollege.edu.com/
and scroll down and click on the Accreditation statement. This is what it says:
Westwood College - Dallas, (Dallas, TX) and Westwood College - Atlanta Northlake are branches of Westwood College - O'Hare Airport (Schiller Park, Ill.).

And in another web site http://drf.artschools.com/westwood/index.html?
they have the following:
Programs not applicable in all states, e.g. TX, MA, IL. Accredited by the Accrediting Commission of Career Schools and Colleges of Technology (ACCSCT).

After so much searching the official web site is this one:

So why would this Institute use the word College in their name if they are not one?[WHEN I ATTENDED WEST WOOD THEY HAD THEIR OFFICIAL WEB SITE NOW IT SEEMS THEY ARE SO UNDERCOVER AND ONLY SAYING ENOUGH TO GET YOU TO SIGN.]

I am pleading to the Media, Congressmen, Senators, the IRS to look into this grave matter this is national cancer causing grave damage to sincere students who are seeking an education. Please do not over look this, there is no difference than those folks who rip off pensions or politicians who abuse the authority given to them by hardworking citizens.

Fernando
Cicero, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/01/2007 11:06 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/West-Wood-College-Of-Technology/Chicago-Illinois-60631/West-Wood-College-Of-Technology-Misleading-and-Unethical-Practices-Chicago-Illinois-237578. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on West Wood College Of Technology