Complaint Review: WestWay Ford

• Submitted: Wed, November 10, 2010
  • Updated: Wed, November 10, 2010

• Reported By: Sarah — Dallas Texas United States of America
WestWay Ford
801 W. Airport Freeway, Irving - Las Colinas Irving, Texas United States of America

WestWay Ford WestWay Ford "bait and switch" scam Irving, Texas

What happened to me sounds alot like stories I have read on this site. Because of that, I think I will just post the email I sent to the representative who emailed me prior to my visit today. I'm not sure which agents actually helped me or if they even used real names over the phone, since the "manager" was mysteriously unavailable 10 minutes after speaking with us via phone to make sure we got there.

Mr. Davis,

I am writing to let you know that I am so thoroughly disgusted with Westway Ford dealerships practices that I have chosen to purchase a Toyota instead. I was 95% certain I would drive away with a Fiesta today, so this was no graceful change of opinion.

I find your sales practices to be completely decietful and your staff of poor moral character. Your salespeople indiciated there were several 2011 Fiesta Hatchbacks with automatic transmission and only very basic features that I could get today (11/09/10) at "Employee pricing" at $14 k and possibly a bit lower.

My mother was called repeatedly (at least 10 times) to make sure we came and the price was verified several times. We explained each time we were looking to buy today, had a $6 k down payment ready to purchase the car today and we were told there were a few models on the lot that could have that deal and we could see them all when we got there. The salesman really wanted us to testdrive and come today to make the purchase, so we agreed to make the drive because of the deal.

We get there and are immediately questioned about my trade in, financiang, etc. before even seeing the car. We demanded to see the car and miraciously you discover your models are all actually there tomorrow and not today! Oops. And try to sell me several models that were over the price range that I explicitly stated by phone and in person I cannot afford. So either your staff is thoroughly incompetent at reading paperwork and using their eyes to verify as a courtesy before customers drive over an hour for several cars reported to be there today, or they are complete liars. You can really take your pick on that one, but I'm sure we both know which is the case. Either way the horrible disparity between what we were told and reality has given me a very poor taste for Ford, especially Westway.

Take my phone number and email out of your database and certainly do not have any employees send me text messages. I am very happy to be a Toyota customer despite your staff telling me I will have a "death trap" over and over ( with the professionalism of a Fraternity brother), and to tell other's of my horrible "bait and switch" experience.

Your staff completely ruined my interest in a car I have wanted for several months and any loyalty I could ever have for the Ford brand.

Again, do not even reply back to this email. Remove my phone and email information completely and do not contact me further.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/10/2010 02:56 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/WestWay-Ford/Irving-Texas-75062/WestWay-Ford-WestWay-Ford-bait-and-switch-scam-Irving-Texas-660286. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on WestWay Ford