Complaint Review: Westat

• Reported By: Terry Swanbeck — Las Vegas United States of America
Westat
1600 Research Blvd Rockville, Maryland United States of America

Westat Sending bad checks asking you to cash them Rockville, Maryland

I was sent a check by this company and a letter with stipulations to work for them as a secret shopper. The check amount was for 1373.55 with instructions to call a number to activate the check I was sent. I called and activated the check. Then went online and got the phone number of the bank the check was drawn on. I call the bank to verify the check and was told I had to have my bank call, which I did. After my bank called the bank they came back and told me that this check was a scam check. I also gave my bank a letter that i was sent. The letter said that I was to be paid 327.55 I was supposed to send 900 dollars Western Union to another person that was listed on the paperwork, they also sent 76 dollars to cover the transaction fee This was my first assignment, then I supposed to spend 70 dollars at Walmart or one of several stores they gave me I was to keep whatever I purchased. After doing both of these jobs, I was supposed to fax back to them a report on how I was treated at both stores. My bank said if was to put this check into my bank account they would have cancelled my bank account. I want other people to know that these people are total scammers and do not get involved with them, they will only cause you big problems in you life. Good Luck people and do not deal with this company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/14/2012 08:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Westat/Rockville-Maryland-/Westat-Sending-bad-checks-asking-you-to-cash-them-Rockville-Maryland-982329. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Westat