Complaint Review: Westchester Fireplace & BBQ

• Updated: Sat, May 11, 2013

• Reported By: nychotpilot — New York New York
Westchester Fireplace & BBQ
9 Haven Street Elmsford, New York USA

Westchester Fireplace & BBQ Unreliable. Fail to deliver on promise Elmsford New York

I ordered a Napoleon Charcoal Grill from them as they were a "recommended" supplier on the company's website. Upon placing an order (they were very quick to charge my credit card) I had to call back twice to ask for a written confirmation and invoice. When I did get the invoice, they promised an update within a week.

A week later they said delivery was delayed by a week. Since I had specifically told them at the time of placing the order that I would be out of the country the following week,  the week's delay was unacceptable. On reviewing other feedback on the web about them I grew suspicious and called Napoleon in Montreal, Canada to check on the alleged order by Westchester Fireplace.

The lady at Napoleon checked with their warehouse in Kentucky from where all shipments are made to suppliers and retailers with an instant tracking system for each order. She found no order had been placed. On hearing that, I requested Westchester Fireplace immediately to cancel the order. They claimed that the grill had been shipped to their "distributor" and asked me to reconsider cancellation. I insisted that they cancel and refund my credit card. They did not help with that but my bank credited my credit card card since nothing was ever shipped by them.

On balance, I was not hurt by them thanks to my bank's responsiveness but I would caution others looking to buy or deal with them to make sure they have proof of any order before forking over credit card details or, worse, cash.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/11/2013 12:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Westchester-Fireplace-BBQ/Elmsford-New-York-10523/Westchester-Fireplace-BBQ-Unreliable-Fail-to-deliver-on-promise-Elmsford-New-York-1050146. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Westchester Fireplace & BBQ