Complaint Review: Western Asset Reserve

• Updated: Sun, October 21, 2012

• Reported By: David — Hoboken New Jersey United States of America
Western Asset Reserve
PO Box 1421 Kapaa, Hawaii United States of America

Western Asset Reserve Deceptive advertising and selling of gemstones Kapaa, Hawaii

About a month ago I came across Western Asset Reserve on the LiveAuctioneers.com site, offering cut, semi precious gemstones. The images  of the stones looked responsible - responsible enough for me to bid on ten or so lots.

What I received a few weeks later, however, bore little resemblance to the images. In fact I have never seen lesser quality stones ever: small, cloudy, dirty, chipped, poorly cut pieces of I don't know what.

I immediately contacted Western Asset Reserve with my complaints and was given the run around by a woman who identified herself as Pamella. When, at her request, I emailed my concerns, she simply blew the whole thing off, saying, ultimately, it was my own fault for not doing "due diligence." She then had the audacity to suggest that if I had bought more expensive items, the quality would have been better.

When I mentioned to her that I was not alone in my dissatisfaction with her company - using as examples the pages of complaints against Western and Live Auctioneers in working with them, including an "F" grade from the Better Business Bureau,  seemed completely unconcerned. She is obviously very aware if her reputation.

I then tried to follow up with Live Auctioneers itself who sent one luke warm email to Western, ccing me.

I guess anyone who buys from online auctions will  probably make mistakes of this kind at some point, but the insulting, taunting attitude of Western Asset Reserve - and the absolutely worthless rubbish I received from them - goes well beyond anything I could have imagined.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/21/2012 07:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Western-Asset-Reserve/Kapaa-Hawaii-96746/Western-Asset-Reserve-Deceptive-advertising-and-selling-of-gemstones-Kapaa-Hawaii-957853. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Western Asset Reserve