Complaint Review: Western Beef

• Submitted: Sun, December 28, 2008
  • Updated: Sun, December 28, 2008

• Reported By:Ridgefield Park New Jersey
Western Beef
47-05 Metropolitan Ave Ridgewood, New York U.S.A.

Western Beef Cash Register Over Ring Ridgewood New York

In November, I purchase an item in the Newark NJ with a shelf price of $1.99. It rang up at $2.99. I asked to speak to the manager who did not speak English, but she managed to tell me that to get the item at $1.99 I needed to make an additional $10 purchase and she returned my money.

I had to stand in line again and repurchase the item, this time with someone who did speak English and it was not true that there needed to be an additional $10 purchase, the item was advertised as $1.99 and the register was wrong.

I expected to get the item for free but I was told that Western Beef does not stand behind the integrity of the computer system.

On November 24th I wrote a letter to Western Beef, but have not received a reply.

Kris
Ridgefield Park, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/28/2008 08:33 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Western-Beef/Ridgewood-New-York-11385/Western-Beef-Cash-Register-Over-Ring-Ridgewood-New-York-405468. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Western Beef