Complaint Review: Western Dental Center

• Updated: Sat, October 17, 2009

• Reported By: Lenora — Brentwood California USA
Western Dental Center
2590 Sycamore Dr. Antioch, California United States of America

Western Dental Center Bait and switch tactics. Dishonest dealings. Harrasment. Can't get anything straight. Antioch, California

My son and I were searching for a good reasonable dentist.  I found Western Dental in the phone book and called them.  I called them 3 different times to make sure this was what we really needed.  I got ahold of 3 different ladies and each time, each one told me that when I joined Western Dental, I would pay $114 for a one year contract, I would be charged 20%  down and monthly payment for the balance.  That sounded really good so I made an appointment.  After waiting 4 hours, we got in for exrays and exam.  I was told that I would need to pay the full amount that day for an extraction.  I asked where was my 20%  down but got no response so I had to decline any work.  When my son was examined, he had a lot of work to be done and was told he would need 80% down.  once again, I asked what happened to the 20% down and was told that because there was a lot of expensive work, they needed 80% down.  Why didn't they tell me that before we came in. Under those circumstances, I would never have made an appointment. I believe that was a bait and switch tactic.  We could not come up with that much money so I could not see why we needed to pay $114 for something that we could not use under the circumstances.  They should have been up front on all this before I every agreed to make an appointment. So, when I got home, I went online and stopped payment on the $114 check.  Since then, I recieved 2 letters telling me that I wrote a bad check on insuffient funds (which I did not) and that I could get in big trouble.  Neither can they get anything straight.  One time my son owes the $114, the next time, I owe the $114.  Then they switch it back again.  I wrote two letters, one to PA and one to CA offices explaining the situation.  I have called and talked to many different people and it all falls on deaf ears or they pass me on to someone else .  They also are charging at least $25. every month for late charges.  They are totally deceitful and dishonest in their deallings and I do not owe them anything.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/17/2009 10:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Western-Dental-Center/Antioch-California-94509/Western-Dental-Center-Bait-and-switch-tactics-Dishonest-dealings-Harrasment-Cant-g-511038. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Western Dental Center