• Report: #491930

• Updated: Wed, September 09, 2009

• Reported By: Colleen — Brentwood California USA
Western Dental Center
2590 Sycamore Dr Antioch, California United States of America

Western Dental Center Dentical Rush,Over crowded waiting room(s),Passed me from dentist to dentist,Jamming needles,Started root canal and its denied.I felt herded like cattle! 4-5 hr waiting! Antioch, California

* : THEY SCREWED MY SON TOO

On June 24, 2009, I phoned Western Dental to make an appointment for a loose filling. During the phone call, I was notified that Dentical would no longer be paying for dental work, with the exception of extractions as of July 1, 2009. With that being said, I was immediately scheduled for an appointment the following day @ 2 PM.

On July 25, 2009, I arrived for my appointment early at 1:30 PM at Western Dental in Antioch. I was taken for X-Rays at approximately 5:30 PM. I was notified by a Dentist that I needed to come back for 5 fillings. We arranged for me to be seen Monday June 29, 2009 @ 4PM.

On June 29th, I arrived for my appointment on time. I was treated for all five cavities and then a second Dentist came to the exam chair and notified me that one of my front teeth "may flair up" in a few days and possibly needed a root canal. I asked him what he thought I should do, and that I was depending on Dentical to cover all dental work that needed to be done. He told me that the root canal needed to be started today and that they would submit the paperwork for approval to Dentical. The second Dentist proceeded to drill in my tooth without numbing me first. Nor did he ask me if I felt any pain at this time. I jerked from the pain and he started to tell me to "calm down ma'am"," I can't work on you like this." I was crying the entire time he jammed the needle in my gums as if he were angry. I was very scared, making eye contact with the dental assistant, as if silently begging her for help.

On 7-28-09, Dentical notified me via mail that the request for one root canal was denied.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/08/2009 06:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Western-Dental-Center/Antioch-California-94509/Western-Dental-Center-Dentical-RushOver-crowded-waiting-roomsPassed-me-from-dentist-491930. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Western Dental Center

#1

THEY SCREWED MY SON TOO

AUTHOR: Laurie - (U.S.A.)

Gave him financing even though he told them he was un-employed at the time and had no way to pay it. They said no problem  he could pay what he could when he could and then turned it over to a collection agency.

the collection agency in turn violated FDCPA by calling me and the Debt collector claimed to be an attorney (lie and illegal) claiming my son added my name to the account as a responsible party to pay the debt.  HE CLAIMED FRAUD ON MY SON'S PART  - when HE WAS THE COMMITTING FRAUD!

I was never listed as a responible party - it was a lie intended to get me to pay the bill!

Needless to say that I got that collector fired!

I looked on the internet and got the head honchos at Western Dental and sent them emails about deceptive practices by giving my son financing knowing that he could not pay it.

I contacted the CA Attorney General about both Western Dental and the Collection Agency deceptive practices.