Complaint Review: Western Dental Riverside

• Submitted: Thu, March 04, 2004
  • Updated: Thu, March 04, 2004

• Reported By:Riverside California
Western Dental Riverside
3485 Madison Ave Riverside, California U.S.A.

Western Dental Riverside lied about accepting my insurance and billed me for xrays that did not exsist and I did not approve Riverside California

I called western dental and gave them all my insurance information when I made appointments for my 2 sons. They assured me that they accepted my insurance. When I brought my 2 sons in for their checkup, they told me they had not yet verified my insurance but since it was just a check up and all insurances covered checkups 100% and that it wouldn't be a problem. They also tried to get more out of me by telling me they could fix my son's cavities that same day. I told them to wait. They then asked me to sign a contract under the chance that I did not have insurance (which I knew I had).

I soon recieved a bill for the checkups of $548.00 with more xrays than I knew they took. When I called them to resolve the matter the office manager kept changing her story from "we dont accept your insurance" to "your insurance will only cover $80.00 for a checkup. I told her they had three chances before the appointment to let me know they did not accept my insurance and each time I was lied to. She said it was not her responsibility what someone else had done. She said that if I didn't join their "plan" right away they would make sure I was responsible for the full amount. "If you pay us $80.00 by December 20th we will not bill you for the full amount" It sounded like blackmail to me.

I called Western Dental headquarters to file a complaint. The woman half listened, told me she would mail me a form and I never recieved it. I got the same response for the Dental Association. I filed a complaint with the Better Businees Bureau which Western Dental never responded to.

Now they are sending me a nasty letter telling me that they are going to take me to court, garnish my wages and bill me for the legal expense.
I'm beginning to think it's really true -- there's no one out there watching out for the consumers.

Michelle
Riverside, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/04/2004 08:48 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Western-Dental-Riverside/Riverside-California/Western-Dental-Riverside-lied-about-accepting-my-insurance-and-billed-me-for-xrays-that-di-82781. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Western Dental Riverside