Complaint Review: Western Dental

• Submitted: Mon, March 02, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, March 02, 2009

• Reported By:Paramount California
Western Dental
2630 E. Gage Avenue At Rita Avenue Huntington Park, California U.S.A.

Western Dental Patient endangerment, physical damages, HIPPA rights violations Huntington Park California

I recently changed dentists due to financial difficulties and I had been waiting years for crown approvals I have legal guardianship of my two neices and they needed dental care asap. I called Western Dental and approvals came through amazingly fast. I got approvals for braces in less than two months with Western Dental and no waiting for other dental work. I assumed Medi-cal had a partnership with them. I was happy until work began. One of my girls complained of a painful novocaine shots one of which went up into gums toward nose. Swelling and pain came next day. She got an infection! On another occasion I took her sister in for fillings. We waited in waiting room for two hours before they called her back. I noticed it had been two hours more and she hadn't come out yet. I asked woman at desk to check on her and when she came back she said doctor will see her next. I asked if she was having anything done to her (my neice) or if she was just sitting there. She said sitting. So I asked her to go get her because I had to leave. And I just walked out furious. I now know why that security guard was there. My neice was upset with me thinking I left her in there. Then she said they gave her three shots of novocaine when they first took her back and left her there alone. She said she was making alot of noise banging on things and no one came. I was upset with myself. "How could I let this this happen?" Also when we saw the orthodontist I felt pressured to get brace brackets on my neice. When I origonally said no. In regards to HIPPA, patient care is discussed infront of everyone. The places are crowded and in the orthodondist's office there is a one big room where all patients are treated. No privacy at all! HELP!
Is the state of California to blame?

Paramount, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/02/2009 08:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Western-Dental/Huntington-Park-California/Western-Dental-Patient-endangerment-physical-damages-HIPPA-rights-violations-Huntington-430119. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Western Dental