Complaint Review: Western Dental

• Submitted: Sun, June 15, 2008
  • Updated: Sun, June 15, 2008

• Reported By:San Leandro California
Western Dental
530 S. Main Street Orange, California U.S.A.

Western Dental Centers shoddy dental work, leaking fillings, services that were not rendered, long waits, improper billing, unlicensed dentist Orange California

In August of 2007, I went to Western Dental in San Leandro California. Over the next couple of weeks I had examinations and work done on my teeth, including two that were extracted. The work included, fillings, extractions, a crown, and deep cleaning, as well as x-rays. I was supposed to return to have another tooth extracted, but had no desire to return there. I was treated shoddily, and left sitting in a dental chair, almost horizontal, for almost an hour. The Dentist had injected me with medication to numb my jaw and left me sitting. I finally called out to an assistant who was walking by, and she went to get the Dentist (who seemed to know little English). When she returned I told her that the injection had worn off, and requested that she numb the area again.

After the work was completed I went home, and endured pain from the crown she had put in. It was jabbing my gum, but I thought that it would stop hurting after a while (which it did). I was sooo glad that these people were out of my mouth, and even though I had problems with the work, vowed not to return there.

Finally I got Dental Insurance through my job, and went to another dentist in Hayward California. To my horror they told me that I had to have everything redone, that WD had done, not even a year ago. Since there is a deductible, i will have to pay over $6000.00 to have the work redone. Not to mention that I have already gone through pain and suffering with WD. They also mentioned that there is an infection under the crown, which is affecting my lower left jaw. Also the fillings she put in all hve decay under them, and I may lose more teeth.

So to say the least I am upset with WD, and their shoddy work. I am also upset with the State of California for allowing them to continue practicing here. BTW when I tried to look up my Dentist on the State Licensing Board, she was not there. They have given me the run-around since I contacted them about my complaint. I have not been able to get anyone on the Corporate site.

San Leandro, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/15/2008 03:42 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Western-Dental/Orange-California-92868/Western-Dental-Centers-shoddy-dental-work-leaking-fillings-services-that-were-not-render-340472. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Western Dental