Complaint Review: Western Dental

• Submitted: Thu, October 11, 2007
  • Updated: Thu, October 11, 2007

• Reported By:Phoenix Arizona
Western Dental
530 E McDowell Rd Phoenix, Arizona U.S.A.

Western Dental, Western Dental-sells unnecessary services, untrained hygienists, long wait times Phoenix Arizona

I went to Western Dental two times as I worked close to the office. I left them after the second trip because I could not believe this place is allowed to stay open.

The first visit involved a dentist who told me that all 8 fillings in my head needed to be changed. My father is a dentist and has told all family members that a dentist who tells you this is looking to extract lots of money, and you should run, not walk, away from this. I had gone in for a cleaning, and they tried to get me to sign a $4,000 contract. I put it off, because I knew this was likely not necessary (something later confirmed by other dentists-there was nothing at all wrong with my fillings).

Second problem-the "hygienists" seem to be too young to have finished high school, much less a state-certified hygienist school. The bored, gum chewing teenager ran the polisher over my teeth lightly in both visits. At the time, I felt like it wasn't thorough and didn't feel like a normal cleaning...the polisher was barely touching my teeth. When I finally got to a "real" dentist, I was accused of not having gone for my 6 month checkups as my teeth appeared to not have had a professional cleaning in over a year. Yikes!

Third...wait times. The first time, I waited in the waiting room for an hour and half. The second time, over three hours. I was in and out in just under four hours for a routine cleaning.

Phoenix, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/11/2007 11:42 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Western-Dental/Phoenix-Arizona/Western-Dental-Western-Dental-sells-unnecessary-services-untrained-hygienists-long-wait-278413. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Western Dental