Complaint Review: Western Dental

• Submitted: Mon, December 03, 2007
  • Updated: Sat, January 05, 2008

• Reported By:Phoenix Arizona
Western Dental
4550 E Thomas Rd Phoenix, Arizona U.S.A.

Western Dental made me pay $70 up front & did no dental work Phoenix Arizona

*Consumer Suggestion: Cheap Dentistry?

Made me pay $70 upfront. Took full set of x-rays, gave me an exam & consultation. Dentist acted like a doctor instead of a dentist. Told me all of my teeth would fall out, but then said I needed 4 crowns, a deep cleaning, cost $700. After telling me my teeth would fall out, said I needed braces (I'm 53 years old). They said I had 14 cavities (which I doubt). Made me sign a 2 page contract. Didn't do any dental work on my teeth. All I went in for was to get 1 cavity filled. They made me make another appt. & want to charge me $228 to fill 1 tooth. After the x-rays, they took me back to the dental chair & made me wait over an hour for a dentist. When he finally came in, he had an attitude with me. I feel I am getting ripped off cause I don't have dental insurance. I have called around to different dentists, & Western Dental seems to be the cheapest. I still feel I'm being ripped off. They told me that Western Dental is a clinic, & waiting is a big part & if I didn't want to wait, I could leave. They now want payment upfront ($228 for 1 cavity). They will not perform any dental work on me without payment upfront. Is there any where I can get this cavity filled cheaper?

Donna
Phoenix, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/03/2007 12:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Western-Dental/Phoenix-Arizona/Western-Dental-made-me-pay-70-up-front-did-no-dental-work-Phoenix-Arizona-288593. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Western Dental

#1 Consumer Suggestion

Cheap Dentistry?

AUTHOR: Drj - (U.S.A.)

You claim you got no dental work for your $70 but you did...you got a complete new patient exam, consultation and full set of xrays. $228 is reasonable for a filling. Have you called a plumber lately? If you want cheaper dentistry, you could try Mexico.