symbols

• Reported By: Kenneth — Livermore California
Western Dental
Nationwide USA

Western Dental Collecting on a non-existent account Livermore Nationwide

It all started with a call from a collection agent.  They stated that they were calling on behalf of Western Dental for a debt I owed in the amount of $1,800.  I explained that I've never been in a Western Dental office, nor have I ever spoken to a Western Dental employee (not to mention I've never had $1,800 worth of dental work done).

I requested a copy of whatever document they had showing that I owed this money.  The response was that they were collecting based on Western Dental stating that I owed the money because it was for my daughter and that her mother told them I was financially responsible and that was all the proof they needed to collect the money.  I told them I'd be happy to discuss it as soon as they provided any documentation that I incurred this debt or accepted responsibility for it and never heard from them again.

Last month I discovered they had put this "debt" on my credit report.  I called the collection agency and again discussed the fact that the debt was not mine.  The person I talked to agreed, but said that because it was on my credit report that I would need to dispute it through the reporting agency.  So, I filed the dispute with the full expectation that this would be removed and it would be the last I heard of it.  Much to my dismay, I received notice that Western Dental denied the dispute and will not remove it.

I still don't understand what proof they have that this debt is mine.  It's certainly not my verbal authorization since I've never talked to a person at Western Dental and it's definitely not a written authorization because there's no way I'd take on an $1,800 debt that's not mine.

I'd suggest that anyone considering dental work to stay away from Western Dental...but, even that hasn't protected me from this scam company.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/30/2014 12:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Western-Dental/nationwide/Western-Dental-Collecting-on-a-non-existent-account-Livermore-Nationwide-1158503. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Western Dental