Complaint Review: Western Flyer Express

• Updated: Mon, April 08, 2013

• Reported By: Suckered Driver — Broken Arrow Oklahoma
Western Flyer Express
Oklahoma City Okalahoma Okalahoma City, Oklahoma United States of America

Western Flyer Express Western Flyer Xpress Ripped Off as Company Driver Most UnProfessional Group of People Okalahoma City, Oklahoma

I went to WFX in 02-13,  I was on a last hope wing and prayer.  I contacted the recruiter who informed me they would pay for my bus ticket, put me in a hotel and feed me.  Not to mention keep me running at 3500 miles per week, excellant equipment and all the bs promises a recrutier will throw at you.
I arrived in late 02/13 and I had to wait out the weekend to go through their one day orinitation.  I was sat in the room told to fill out all this paperwork and then promised a truck.  Problem was I was put with a driver and had to listen to this person for 10 hours to go and retrieve an abandoned truck.  The whole time this man kept hitting on me and telling me how we could spend the night together and we could have fun.  I was never told I would have to ride with a stranger, or the fact my cell number was given to this person who continued to stalk me for over 2 weeks.  I arrived at the truck, it was a complete nasty mess. I spent the next day and half cleaning up this truck to make it even presentable.  I then informed dispatch of the mess and the items wrong.  I was given a load back to the yard and then I was told to let them know the condition of the truck.  I was NEVER PAID FOR CLEANING the TRUCK Or the Miles it took to get to the truck.  Add insult to injury, I was constantly being run on short hauls or swaps.  A week before I was due home time, I had a Very Unprofessional Shop Foreman get in my face about taking my truck.  The Shop Foreman is the Most Ignorant Person I have ever dealt with.,  He thinks that by screaming at you and trying to bully you that is the way to get things done.  The shop manager is No Better!  He is another Ignorant Person who thinks he can Curse at you and that is acceptable.  Not to mention calling People Stupid Bitches!
The Owner I never met but from what the other drivers told me this is an accepted business practice. Not to mention when the truck broke down, I spent the first night in 20 degree weather because no one would authorize a hotel then when they did, I had to lay out my money and never did get reimbursed for 3 nights!  Not to mention being stranded out there with no one answering phones, the repair line is a joke.  If you don't have the shop foremen number "Rob" then you will be calling all day and night and no one will return your call.  The dispatch cant answer any questions, they have to "Find Out' and 3 hours later you will still be waiting for an answer, the load planners will run you around on 100 miles run at .30 per mile and tie up your day.  There is no Premium for running these BS loads.  They will not give solo drivers any decent runs, they wait until the last minute to saddle a load on you and then they will have you run it to a team
I worked for these Yahoo's for a month, and I had to throw in the towel!  Not to mention they are now giving me the run around on my last paycheck.
MY ADVISE TO ANYONE LOOKING AT WFX!!!!  GO WORK IN MCDONALD's FIRST!!!!
Stay Away from the these Clowns,  They will make you go Broke!!!

In the end it cost me over $400.00 to get home!  They don't Pay Breakdown Pay, Stop pay, Cleaning another man's filth, Short haul Pay, they charge you $5.00 per 100.00 advance even they you must pay for incidentals and scales.  They claim they have to upfront the money so the driver has to pay the Charge!

WORST COMPANY TO WASTE YOUR TIME WITH!!!  If "Rob" was such a Great Mechanic and Supervisor he would be working in a Dealership not a Second Rate Trucking Company!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/08/2013 12:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Western-Flyer-Express/Okalahoma-City-Oklahoma-/Western-Flyer-Express-Western-Flyer-Xpress-Ripped-Off-as-Company-Driver-Most-UnProfession-1041682. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Western Flyer Express