Complaint Review: Western Horizon Resorts - Blue Mesa Recreational Ranch, Gunnison, Colorado

• Submitted: Sun, February 07, 2010
  • Updated: Fri, January 20, 2012

• Reported By: opc — casa grande Arizona United States of America
Western Horizon Resorts - Blue Mesa Recreational Ranch, Gunnison, Colorado
103 W Tomichi Gunnison, Colorado United States of America
  • Phone: 9706415387
  • Web:
  • Category:

Western Horizon Resorts - Blue Mesa Recreational Ranch, Gunnison, Colorado investiment rip off Gunnison, Colorado

*Author of original report: update on western hoeizon resorts

*Author of original report: parks being sold off without substitution or reembursement

I along with about 399+ other investors have been ripped off to the tune of thousands of dollars.
We were promised the company would go on the stock mark every six months from 1998 until about 2005, when MR. Locken admitted in front of a room full of investors at Desert Shadows Resort in Casa Grande, AZ that he never intended to go on the stock market from the get go.
He has sold about four parks that we know of but to my knowledge has not reimbursed any of the investors.
After posting on another site I got what I consider a threatening phone call telling me that I better be careful what I said.
My husband and I were lied to. I have tried to get a copy of the names and address of other investors but have been denied. We were issued stock certificates which are non negotiable.
I cannot  and would not in good conscientiousness recommend this company for any reason or thing.
opc

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/07/2010 03:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Western-Horizon-Resorts-Blue-Mesa-Recreational-Ranch-Gunnison-Colorado/Gunnison-Colorado-81230-0430/Western-Horizon-Resorts-Blue-Mesa-Recreational-Ranch-Gunnison-Colorado-investiment-ri-565990. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Western Horizon Resorts - Blue Mesa Recreational Ranch, Gunnison, Colorado

update on western hoeizon resorts

AUTHOR: opc - (United States of America)

Jim Loken must be coated with teflon as in my opinion is getting away with f raud This is keeping it in the family in my opinion..
He is quietly taking the parks out of whr inc and puttiing them into whr trio, which I believe names his family members, at least that is my interpretation of whr trio. I say after googling whr trio.

He has created a profile with Dunn and Bradstreet and if I understand it right Jim Loken is supposed to contact all the share holders before selling or changing names.

Seems to me that there is a snake in the woodpile and it needs flushing out.

All of the investers in whr sure did get taken for a ride unless theres is some legal recourse that we can't find out about.

Looks like the investiment was a donation which we (all investers) the elderly really can't afford to loose. We have all been lied to and I don't believe for one minuet that there is a statue of limitations on fraud, as he claims.

parks being sold off without substitution or reembursement

AUTHOR: opc - (United States of America)

Western Horizon is selling off the parks and not providing satisfactory subtitues, and not reembursing investors. I understand memberships are still being sold.

This company in my opinion is  fraudulent and should be stopped. I had an attorney write a demadn letter within the last 6 months, the response was that the statue of limitations had run, some how that is hard to believe give the berny maddoff case. I now believe I might be able to get some morre investors to join in a class action suit it we could find an attorney willing to take the case for a reasonable fee.