Complaint Review: Western Union Debit Card (MetaBank)

• Submitted: Mon, January 14, 2013
  • Updated: Mon, January 14, 2013

• Reported By: Gary — Galloway New Jersey United States of America
Western Union Debit Card (MetaBank)

Western Union Debit Card (MetaBank) Ripoff Alert for Prematurely Closed Account Internet

I received a debit card for a refund from a third party. The refund was for $10. I mistakenly mislaid the card for about 6 months. I found the card and went to activate the debit card and was told the account is closed. It seems the company refunding the money to me gave the money to Western Union (MetaBank) and Western Union (Metabank) would simply like to keep the money. I have called five times as of today. Every time I call I am told they are trying to verify my address. I have lived at the same location for several years. Western Union keeps telling me to call back in 24-48 hours. I guess Western Union (MetaBank) hopes I give up my efforts.

I will certainly never use the Western Union (MetaBank) debit card again.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/14/2013 11:38 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Western-Union-Debit-Card-MetaBank/internet/Western-Union-Debit-Card-MetaBank-Ripoff-Alert-for-Prematurely-Closed-Account-Internet-996596. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Western Union Debit Card (MetaBank)