Complaint Review: Western Union

• Submitted: Sat, August 02, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, August 02, 2008

• Reported By:Lake Bluff Illinois
Western Union
www.westernunion.com Bridgeton, Missouri U.S.A.

Western Union, Watch out Western Union pulls your credit without telling you! Bridgeton Missouri

I recently contacted Western Union to send a transfer to someone that did some landscaping at some rental houses I own in Kansas City. I was attempting to send $250 (approximately) using a corporate debit card. I had used Western Union before with no problems. Somehow this didn't go through right and they needed me to verify my info. I called in and did so and without telling me they pulled my credit to ask me 4 security questions.

I am investor so I consider my credit near and dear. I also do not usually allow people or companies to view my credit unless they are giving me a loan or granting me credit. I was totally shocked to find out they pulled my credit after the fact and after speaking with a manager I was told this is clearly listed in their "terms and conditions". That may be true however my transfer did not go through online when I processed it.

Instead I was told to call to complete my transfer. At that juncture it is as if my transfer was never processed and they have no right to pull my credit based on the terms and conditions listed for a transfer that was not actually processed. People need to be aware of these tactics. Your credit score is extremely important and you should not be checked without a clear disclosure of such actions.

Taylor
Lake Bluff, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/02/2008 12:33 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Western-Union/Bridgeton-Missouri/Western-Union-Watch-out-Western-Union-pulls-your-credit-without-telling-you-Bridgeton-Mi-358489. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Western Union