Complaint Review: Western Union

• Submitted: Sat, February 09, 2008
  • Updated: Sat, February 09, 2008

• Reported By:Lake Villa Illinois
Western Union
PO Box 6992 Greenwood Village, Colorado U.S.A.

Western Union Fraud Greenwood Village Colorado

Went online to send a western union quick pay of $60. Total came to $82.95 for the service charges. After going through their security questions they denied my transaction. Ok fine. I checked my debit card and they money had already been taken off. Called my bank which I was told the merchant ( Western union) would have to fax on letterhead a letter stating the transaction details and stating they will not settle for the transaction. Once Western union did this my money would be applies back onto my card. Called Western union, gave them 2 fax #'s. Western union assured me they would fax this letter. Waited and waited and after 5 hours this was not done. Western union gave an excuse that my bank didn't accept their fax. Bank says they never got fax. W.U. said they sent it. Back and fourth all day long. Western union was unwilling to email me the letter. Western union was unwilling to call my bank to confirm the transaction was cancelled/denied ect... Western union was unwilling to do anything but take my money.

Lake Villa, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/09/2008 06:25 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Western-Union/Greenwood-Village-Colorado-80155/Western-Union-Fraud-Greenwood-Village-Colorado-307680. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Western Union