Complaint Review: Western Union

• Updated: Fri, July 15, 2005

• Reported By:Randwick Australia
Western Union
services@westernunion.com Internet U.S.A.

Western Union Asking me to update my details when I have never used western union Ripoff Internet

*Consumer Comment: It is not from Western Union.

Emailed me asking me to update my details and password when I have nothing to do with them.

Darren
Randwick
Australia

Click here to read other Rip Off Reports on Western Union

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/14/2005 08:56 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Western-Union/internet/Western-Union-Asking-me-to-update-my-details-when-I-have-never-used-western-union-Ripoff-I-149808. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Western Union

It is not from Western Union.

AUTHOR: Robert - (U.S.A.)

Delete it.

It's a typical phishing email. Not having read it, it probably reads like someone from another country wrote it. They did.

If you click on the link in the email it will send you to some web site made to look like a Western Union web site but is not associated with them. There, whomever sent out the emails, will collect the information you provide them and next thing you know, you'll be hit with fraudulent charges against your account.