Blanche

• Updated: Thu, June 06, 2013

• Reported By: Sean — Los Angeles California
Western Union
Internet USA

Western Union Don't use Western Union Website to send money outside of the US...Waste of Time/Frozen Funds Internet Nationwide

Don't waste your time with using Western Union online website to transfer money outside of the country.

Especially if you don't have a lot of spare funds in your account as they'll put it on hold where you have no access to it and the person you are trying to send money to doesn't have access to it either.

Bottomline: Waste of time, go with someone else.

I attempted to make a money transfer to a graphic designer contractor of mine on the June 3rd, 2013.  It said for me to wait for a confirmation e-mail.  My bank account showed a debit from Western Union in the amount I was trying to send.  Eventually I got a cancelled transfer request e-mail.  I e-mailed them back and ask why was it cancelled and to push it thru.  No real response for 2 days.  Finally got an e-mail asking me to call them.

There is plenty money in my account.  My bank has been notified that I will be making a Western Union payment.  I'm using my business e-mail address.  I'm using my computer from my billing address so it isn't some weird IP out of the area problem they can blame it on.  I even provided Western Union with my driver's license number when I sent in the money transfer request.  I have no clue what the hold up was so I had to call.

Called their customer service department on June 6th, 2013 so I can get to the bottom of it.  I was given the runaround by their CSR on the reasons why it was rejected.  Just that it was a "Western Union business decision" and they couldn't tell me more than that.

I asked to be transferred to a supervisor.  The supervisor told me if I try to make the money transfer again online it'll go thru because he'll put notes in the system so I won't have the same problem.

So I went ahead and tried it one more time.  Then got the cancelled transfer request e-mail again.

Called their customer service department again and they said it was a "business decision" on why I was rejected but they can't share exactly why.  I asked them why the other supervisor lied to me, and they said they don't know why and don't have any notes in the system from my other call.  They said the only way to resolve this issue is to go into one of their agent locations and send the money that way.

That does not work for me at all.  1) I'm going to be sending money month, so it isn't convenient for me to go drive to an agent location every month, 2) other competitors of theirs I have no problem sending money online without having to go to a brick-n-mortar, 3) they charge higher fees in person compared to online, and 4) I still have to wait a couple days for my original funds to be released from their ACH hold.

What a waste of time.  I should have just gone with their competitor who I never have a problem with.

If you need to send money out of the country immediately without having to risk your transfer being rejected and funds being frozen for a couple days because of an undisclosed "business decision"... DON'T USE WESTERN UNION.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/06/2013 07:35 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Western-Union/internet/Western-Union-Dont-use-Western-Union-Website-to-send-money-outside-of-the-USWaste-of-1057087. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Western Union